POSITION: CONFERENCE ASSOCIATE
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Conference Director
To effectively communicate and negotiate Snow Mountain Ranch services to meet a groupís needs for their event in accordance with the Mission of the YMCA of the Rockies.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics and algebra.
- Possess excellent diplomatic organizational, interpersonal and phone communication skills.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies Mission Statement, policies and programs and reflect YMCA core values in all functions Ė caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Assist group leaders with pre-conference planning, managing groups according to contracts, and post-conference evaluating.
- Collect and process conference related information, including such things as contractual and lodging questions and special needs requests.
- Work with Front Office to check groups in and out.
- Rebook conferences at time of checkout.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate logistical details.
- Negotiate contract and billing with group leaders.
- Act as a tactful liaison between group leaders, Conference staff, and other departments.
- Ability to access all facilities to market Snow Mountain Ranch through site tours and presentations.
- Meet both immediate and planned needs of groups throughout their stay.
- Support the Association safety program and promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests/members and staff.
- Work a flexible schedule to accommodate weekend, holiday and evening shifts.
- Ability to work within an office environment and operate office and audiovisual equipment, including but not limited to: computers, printers, computerized PBX systems and audiovisual equipment.
- Promote a positive problem-solving atmosphere.
- Coordinate and present group orientations.
- Process group changes and cancellations.
- Review group evaluations, conduct follow-ups and rebook after group stay.
- Possess a valid, USA driverís license, good driving record and be approved to operate YMCA vehicles both on and off grounds for business purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.