Back to Job List
Guest Services - Conference & Conference Services
Center Services, $220/wk plus room and board
Apply for this Job
Position Summary: The Center Services Associate is responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms and meeting facilities including, but not limited to, the Administration Building, the guest service office, and the Religious Activity Center. This position is responsible for all conference set-ups (chairs, tables, audio visual equipment, refreshment orders, etc.) and implements all requests from the Conference Director for any special or additional requirements needed by the conference leaders. This position is also responsible for snow removal from entrances to all meeting rooms, lodges and other areas as necessary.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. Hands-on experience in event set-ups, audio visual equipment operation, and cleaning skills.
2. Ability to plan and prioritize daily workloads.
3. Possess basic computer skills and ability to learn property management software.
4. Possess physical stamina for strenuous all-day work and ability to independently bend, stoop, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub using soap and other cleaning chemicals.
5. Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
6. Maintain the cleanliness of all public spaces, restrooms, meeting rooms and gathering areas.
7. Set-up all guest meeting spaces in a timely manner and ensure guest needs are met.
8. Responsible for appropriately using and maintaining all department equipment, machinery, chemicals and vehicles.
9. Promptly report maintenance concerns and have vehicles and equipment serviced regularly.
10. Ability to independently get in and out of vehicles up to 100 times a day.
11. Ability to independently lift and carry supplies and other equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. to counter height, in and out of vehicles, and up and down stairs.
12. Must possess a valid, USA state issued driverís license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
13. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
14. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
15. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
16. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
17. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Clean all meeting rooms and public facilities and restrooms.
2. Set up and remove/break-down meeting space chairs, tables, equipment, etc.
3. Keep supply and equipment closets and storage rooms clean and organized.
4. Complete guest requests.
5. Remove snow and ice from meeting room and lodge entrances.
6. Keep YMCA vehicles clean, organized and operating safely.
7. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
9. Dress requirements: Black Pants (Not Jeans), Black Shoes/Boots and a Black Belt.
10. All other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
You must submit three references: one reference from a family member and the other two from individuals who know you professionally (former supervisors, professors, pastors, etc.). If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, you do not have to provide these references.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) paying $220/week, plus:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building with up to 3 roommates)
- Board (3 tasty buffet style meals 7 days per week---YES, even on your days off!)
- Complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while youíre employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and an art center but not a weight lifting room)
- Other employee perks including free mountain biking at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch. Golf: Grand Elk, Grand Lake, Granby Ranch, Pole Creek. Other activities in Grand Co.
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year-round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List