Back to Job List
Food Service/Dining Room Worker+R&B
Apply for this Job
SNOW MOUNTAIN RANCH
YMCA OF THE ROCKIES
POSITION: Food Service/Dining Room Worker
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: DINING ROOM SUPERVISOR
A Dining Room Worker is responsible for providing guests with a positive dining experience. Employees rotate daily through a variety of specific duties as described below.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff.
- Maintain sanitary work and dining areas, which exceed state health standards.
- Operate commercial food service equipment (i.e. dishwasher, slicer, and mixer.)
- Assist with meal preparation.
- Keep service lines clean and fully stocked with food and supplies (plates, cups, etc.)
- Clean dining tables.
- Wash dishes.
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuum carpets.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors.
- Lift 35 pounds up to 36" off the ground.
- Able to understand instructions in English.
- Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests and staff.
- Reflect YMCA core values in all functions - caring, honesty, responsibility, respect & faith.
- Check and sell meal guest tickets at the "check stand".
- Operate cash register and balance cash box.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the grooming standards outlined in the Seasonal Staff Handbook, the following applies to Food Service employees:
A staff vest or three shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee from May to August and December to April. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Employees must wear long pants without holes or patches, shoes and socks. Sweat pants, stretch pants, skirts and open-toed shoes are not acceptable. White over-shirts and aprons will be provided.
Only two stud or small hoop earrings per ear will be permitted. No other body piercing will be allowed. Bracelets or excessive necklaces are not permitted.
Men's hair must be no longer than the top of the collar and must be worn in a ponytail if long enough. Women's hair must be pulled back when long enough. Snow Mountain Ranch hats (provided by the YMCA to each employee) may be worn at work. Other hats are not allowed.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) $180/week(+ Fall Work Incentive: See Below) position including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building with up to 3 roommates)
- Board (3 tasty buffet style meals 7 days per week---YES, even on your days off!)
- Complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you’re employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and an art center but not a weight lifting room)
- Other employee perks including free mountain biking at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch. Golf: Grand Elk, Grand Lake, Granby Ranch, Pole Creek. Other activities in Grand Co.
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
You must submit three references: one reference from a family member and the other two from individuals who know you professionally (former supervisors, professors, pastors, etc.). Before your application can be considered, all three references MUST respond to this link: http://bit.ly/SMR-reference. If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, you do not have to provide these references.
The Y of the Rockies doesn't currently include Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies with job postings.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List