Back to Job List
Guest Services - Guest Registration
Front Desk Attendant $180/wk plus room and board
Apply for this Job
Position Summary: Ensure the satisfaction of all potential and actual guests over the telephone and in person. Account for all income during assigned shift.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalence is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Possess the ability to respond to problems, concerns and emergencies in a calm, professional manner.
- Possess outstanding telephone skills, including salesmanship.
- Operate a computer, adding machine, base radio system and telephone switchboard.
- Check guests in and out of accommodations using computer based system.
- Work effectively in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
- Lift 50 lbs. up to 36" above the ground.
- Able to stand for an 8 hour shift on hard floors.
- Accurately account for income during assigned shifts.
- Appropriately handle emergency situations and ability to problem-solve guest and staff issues.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with rotating shifts.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Previous hotel (or related field) experience and/or education preferred.
- Clerical experience preferred.
- Learn Income Audit responsibilities and be able to work those shifts when scheduled.
- Learn Night Audit responsibilities and be able to work those shifts when required.
- Ability to perform general office cleaning.
- Assist guests with transporting their luggage.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building with up to 3 roommates)
- Board (3 tasty buffet style meals 7 days per week---YES, even on your days off!)
- Complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you’re employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and an art center but not a weight lifting room)
- Other employee perks including free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golf (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Granby Ranch, and Steamboat.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
You must submit three references: one reference from a family member and the other two from individuals who know you professionally (former supervisors, professors, pastors, etc.). Before your application can be considered, all three references MUST respond to this link: http://bit.ly/SMR-reference. If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, you do not have to provide these references.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List