Former Employees and Volunteers apply here.
We can design an internship for you around your university's requirements. Here is the general description of the Food Service Internship:
A Dining Room Worker is responsible for providing guests with a positive dining experience. Employees rotate daily through a variety of specific duties as described below.
1. Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff.
2. Maintain sanitary work and dining areas, which exceed state health standards.
3. Operate commercial food service equipment (i.e. dishwasher, slicer, and mixer.)
4. Assist with meal preparation.
5. Keep service lines clean and fully stocked with food and supplies (plates, cups, etc.)
6. Clean dining tables.
7. Wash dishes.
8. Sweep and mop floors
9. Vacuum carpets.
10. Clean bathrooms.
11. Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors.
12. Lift 35 pounds up to 36" off the ground.
13. Able to understand instructions in English.
14. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests,
members and staff.
15. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
16. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
17. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
18. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
1. Check and sell meal guest tickets at the "check stand".
2. Operate cash register and balance cash box.
3. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
4. All other duties as assigned.
Job Categories: Food Service