Former Employees and Volunteers apply here.
Back to Job List
Houskeeping Management Internship
Apply for this Job
Our three month internship will allow the opportunity for a Tourism or Hospitality major to learn about the running of a Housekeeping department that oversees a 2000 person lodging facility. Our department employs up to 70 housekeepers and is responsible for cleaning and maintaining hotel style lodges, guest cabins, yurts, staff housing areas, meeting rooms and common areas around the property. Though a YMCA, we hold our housekeeping department up to a high standard of quality. Through this internship the participant will gain confidence and understanding in the areas of supervision, delegation, quality control and leadership. We strive to integrate our YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith through the work we do and the guest service that we provide. During the time here you will also have the opportunity to touch on the forecasting, scheduling, inventory/ordering, and budgeting process. Snow Mountain Ranch also does all of their own laundry services in house and has a large commercial laundry facility that will allow the opportunity to see this operation. Our short term interns are typically responsible for the quality control checks within our hotel style lodge rooms but will have additional responsibilities as follows.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Positive attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- High level of cleanliness.
- Able to delegate to peers.
- Ability to work on their own or with a team well.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driverís license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Help to supervise staff while in the Housekeeping building.
- Delegate work as needed.
- Report any Maintenance issues.
- Help to ensure safety within the department.
- Carryout quality control inspections after the Housekeeping teams have completed assigned cleaning in lodges.
- Hold Housekeepers to set customer service standards.
- At times assist housekeeping teams with assigned duties if needed.
- Assist other departments whenever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a full time, seasonal, hourly position paying $180/week (based on 40 hours), paid biweekly. You also receive:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!óno lease!--in a dormitory building)
- Board (3 buffet style meals 7 days per week)
- Complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership while youíre employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, and trails, but not a weight lifting room)
- Other employee perks including access to free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golf (depending on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort and other resorts
Please note, in accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission and federal law, we have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drugs are tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List
© YMCA of the Rockies | 1101 County Road 53, Granby, CO 80446 | Site Designed by Wick Creative