Former Employees and Volunteers apply here.
Back to Job List
Guest Services - Guest Registration
Campground Attendant/Switchboard Operator
Apply for this Job
Position Summary: Responsible for operating the switchboard, our property radio system, and assisting the Front Desk Attendants when necessary. This position is also responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and a positive experience for guests staying in our campgrounds.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Operate base radio system.
- Manage and operate a computerized PBX.
- Knowledge of the Associationís computer system pertaining to the property.
- Well-informed about YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch and surrounding areas.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate details.
- Appropriately and professionally handle emergency situations.
- Able and willing to work flexible shifts, days, weekends and nights, including holidays.
- Able to independently move over uneven and rough terrain, both indoors and outside.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. up to 36Ē from the ground.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driverís license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Communicate regularly with the Campground Supervisor and Guest Registration Manager.
- Take responsibility for the organization of the campground office.
- Duties shift between the switchboard and the campgrounds depending on operational needs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform small maintenance repair jobs.
- Maintain the operation of fire pits and gas grills at the campgrounds.
- Ensure bathhouses, and sites at campgrounds are clean and free of refuse.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission and federal law, we have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. We practice random testing for all staff and volunteers. We also test if thereís reasonable suspicion someone is using drugs or alcohol. If you want to use marijuana, donít apply to work for us.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building with up to 3 roommates)
- Board (3 tasty buffet style meals 7 days per week---YES, even on your days off!)
- Complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while youíre employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and an art center but not a weight lifting room)
- Other employee perks including free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golf (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Granby Ranch, and Steamboat.
You must submit three references: one reference from a family member and the other two from individuals who know you professionally (former supervisors, professors, pastors, etc.). Before your application can be considered, all three references MUST respond to this link: http://bit.ly/SMR-reference. If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, you do not have to provide these references.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List
© YMCA of the Rockies | 1101 County Road 53, Granby, CO 80446 | Site Designed by Wick Creative