Back to Job List
Buildings & Grounds
PT Night Security (Pay DOE)
Apply for this Job
Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all YMCA guests, staff and property. General repairs including minor plumbing, heating, electrical, water and carpentry in public areas and private accommodations.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driverís license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to move in and out of vehicles up to 100 times per shift.
- Ability to walk up and down a minimum of 12 flights of stairs per shift.
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles per shift.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Ability to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
- Security training and/or experience preferred.
- Must keep accurate records
- Normal work schedule is two nights per week. (Monday & Tuesday 5:00pm to 1:00am)
- Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
- Responsible for patrolling YMCA property with the use of security vehicle.
- Responsible for general up-keep of security vehicle.
- Must maintain integrity in the use of YMCA keys.
- Complete electronic daily activity report and other appropriate forms, as necessary.
- Uphold a positive attitude towards serving guests at all times.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Experience with general maintenance including minor plumbing, heating, electrical and carpentry preferred.
- Check fire extinguishers quarterly.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all doors and windows in public buildings are secure after facilities close.
- Patrol and deal with situations in staff housing. Help staff with lockouts.
- Patrol and secure grounds at Camp Chief Ouray during the summer.
- Inspect fire-pits during the summer.
- Record pool chemical levels.
- Perform cabin and lodge checks.
- Use security scanner to record activities.
- Working knowledge of law enforcement as it pertains to YMCA.
- Knowledge and enforcement of all policies in regards to guests and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Make proper notifications and/or investigate incidents that occur such as theft or public intoxication.
- Possess sensitivity and genuine concern for others to successfully handle the needs of guests and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Possess good judgment skills, initiative, and handle stressful and potentially hazardous situations.
- Possess good hearing, speaking, vision, and walking ability to adequately deal with guests and monitor YMCA property.
- Maintain a positive relationship with area support agencies (fire, law enforcement, medical, division of Wildlife, animal control) and communicate with these agencies in a professional manner.
- May need to cover shift of full time security on requested days off. Must be flexible.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Must be a team player in support of organizational goals and objectives.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
In addition to the grooming standards outlined in the Seasonal Staff Handbook, the following applies to Buildings and Grounds employees:
A staff vest or shirt with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee. In addition, security will be issued a jacket with a security logo, a security badge, and a cap with a security logo. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Work boots or hiking boots recommended. No open toed shoes. Long work pants/jeans. No shorts.
Part time staff receive many of the same perks our seasonal staff receive, including:
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while youíre employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, nordic/snowshoe/fat tire/mountain biking trails, roller rink, and an art center but not a weight lifting room. A few very specialized classes may have a nominal fee.))
- Staff Discounts at the gift shop, craft shop, Nordic Center, Buckboard Grill & Pizzeria, and to Camp Chief Ouray and Day Camp (when available)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List