Back to Job List
Building and Grounds - SMR
Maintenance Tech Heating & Plumbing
Apply for this Job
The Buildings Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep and repair of heating and plumbing facilities associated with operations at Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work.
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work.
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Must work while standing all day. Must bend over frequently. Must work with arms extended overhead frequently.
- Occasional heavy lifting and carrying objects up to 100 pounds required.
- Must work primarily outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Must read and produce rough sketches and follow written and oral instructions.
- Experience with drywall installation and repair preferred..
- Experience with plumbing, heating and electrical repairs.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Maintain, Troubleshoot and repair plumbing, heating and electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, kitchen equipment, and utilities
- Working knowledge of residential type HVAC (forced air, boiler systems)
- Knowledge of residential appliances it preferred.
- Ensure quality products and timely completions of projects are achieved.
- Communicate with supervisor and co-workers concerning projects.
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility open and operational.
- Clean and organize the carpenter's workshop.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Assist the Buildings and Grounds Department in other areas as needed to ensure quality services.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies' Mission Statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time, year round, hourly position, paying $13-$15/hr, with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, comp nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch, and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, and Steamboat.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
The Y of the Rockies doesn't currently include Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies with job postings.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List