Back to Job List
Food Service Department - EPC
Apply for this Job
BASIC JOB FUNCTION
Responsible for the night shift management of all kitchen & back of the house food service operations at Estes Park Center; including menu planning, ordering, food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, overseeing all catering events/banquets, appropriate staff scheduling and guest satisfaction. The PM Chef is also response for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained and morale is at a high level. Monitor scheduling, time keeping and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards and follow through with evaluation of performance.
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Association Food Service Director.
- Plan delicious and nutritious meals and deliveries to ensure the best utilization of the facilities and staff to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal, State and Local Health Codes and overall quality assurance in the kitchens.
- Direct all aspects of food production, ordering, storage, preparation, portion control, inventory and record keeping while ensuring culinary excellence at all times.
- Able to physically move throughout all food service operations.
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to maintain positive working relationships with food service staff, vendors, guests, department managers and other Association employees.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ensure clean FS facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA.
- Report to Executive Chef and Association Food Service Director on progress of major projects and needs of the department.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs, such as the International Training Program, Calvin Leadership Program, Navigators, etc.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of F.S. equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, tilt skillet, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full time, year round, hourly position paying $13-15/hour (DOE) with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, comp nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch, and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing/ mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts.
In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission and federal law, we have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
Please fill out the application online at https://apply.coolworks.com/ymcarockies/. You can attach a resume and cover letter to your application. (Attachments must be under 2MB.)
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission.
Job Categories: Chef, Food Service, Catering, Cook, Culinary
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List