BASIC JOB FUNCTION
The Chef is responsible to the Food Service Manager for preparing, cooking and serving meals during the A.M. shift, and for training and supervising a staff of 45.
1. Must possess at least two years’ experience in volume food preparation, buffet presentation and institutional food services.
2. Must possess strong leadership qualities and supervisory skills.
3. Must possess technical skills in the areas of meat cutting, baking, salad preparation and a la carte food preparation.
4. Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds up to 20 feet and up stairs.
5. Must understand principles of food service sanitation and technical skills in food preparation.
6. Stands and walks on concrete floors, often stands in one spot for lengthy periods of time.
7. Reads and comprehends labels and recipes printed in English to understand use and directions of cleaning chemicals and food products.
8. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and comply with YMCA driving record rules.
9. Works shifts. Holiday and weekend work required.
1. Assist the Food Service Manager in menu preparation.
2. Work with dining room staff to ensure appropriate services as well as special dietary needs.
3. Recommend to the Food Service Manager promotions and salary adjustments appropriate for staff.
4. Maintain a positive relationship with all food service employees, guests and conference leaders.
5. Schedule employees to ensure appropriate coverage.
6. Supervise clean up.
7. Ensure that Health Department Regulations are followed.
8. Prepare and supervise the serving of meals.
9. Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Food Service Manager.
10. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies' Mission Statement.
In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission and federal law, we have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
This is a full time, year round, hourly position paying $13-14/hour (DOE) with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, comp nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch, and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing/ mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts.
Please fill out the application online at https://apply.coolworks.com/ymcarockies/. You can attach a resume and cover letter to your application. (Attachments must be under 2MB.)
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission.
The Y of the Rockies doesn't currently include Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies with job postings.