Back to Job List
Food Service Department - EPC
Apply for this Job
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Catering Manager plans and coordinates weddings and special events at the Estes Park Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Have at least three years’ experience in banqueting, catering and/or food service.
- Have knowledge of special events coordination.
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Be fluent in written and oral English.
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
- Serves as coordinator for weddings and special events.
- Liaison between various departments needed to implement weddings and special events.
- Collaborate with Conference/Wedding Coordinator during and following event booking process, and assist in booking weddings and special events when necessary.
- Provide guidance to event leaders.
- Manage every detail of events to meet guest expectations.
- Work with Banquet Captain as needed to train banquet staff in proper etiquette, policies, procedures and event venue set up and service.
- Coordinate with Chaplains to schedule the use of Estes Park Center’s indoor and outdoor chapels.
- Have access to and knowledge of AV inventory and coordinate needs with AV Techs.
- Develop and keep updated detailed shopping guide to local vendors; such as cakes, florists, DJs, party rentals, etc., and provide shopping guide to event leaders.
- Develop standardized floor plans to give guest a clear understanding of the facilities’ layout.
- Attend local and regional bridal shows, in order to increase potential guest knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies.
- Conduct pre- and post-event meetings to ensure quality guest experience.
- Able to work eight hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36 inch high tables.
- Have food handler certification.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist in special event room set-up.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), year round position paying $17-19.23/hour with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, complimentary discounted nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (date restrictions based on season/occupancy), and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing /mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List