Back to Job List
Executive Office - EPC
Family Reservations Agent
Apply for this Job
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Family Reservations Agent makes and processes individual and family reservations for cabins and lodge rooms for both Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) from start to finish and resolves problems as they develop.
Family Reservations Agent Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of office experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Develop a working knowledge of cabin and lodge room types, locations, donors and differences for EPC and SMR.
- Make reservations for individuals, families and members/attendees of conference groups and family reunions, by telephone, in person and through the mail For EPC and SMR.
- Process reservations through detailed paperwork, data input, documentation and filing.
- Post reservation deposits and track those that are still owed. Forfeit and/or refund deposits when necessary. Balance out daily.
- Monitor and modify reservations in order to avoid mid-stay room moves (transfers), to accommodate guest requests and to maximize cabin and lodge room revenue.
- Provide general and reservation information and answer questions by telephone, in person and through email correspondence.
- Be in contact with the Housekeeping, Buildings and Grounds and Guest Registration departments regarding cabin and lodge room problems and special needs/requests of guests.
- Help in any other areas as necessary to assure a smooth flowing and efficient business and reservation operation.
- Relieve at EXO Switchboard/Reception Desk as needed.
- Have a commitment to detail and thoroughness.
- Work well under pressure.
- Communicate clearly, visually and orally, and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading in English.
- Have the ability to get along well with others and be a team player.
- Be well organized and flexible and be able to perform various office duties.
- Have good typing, data input, and telephone skills, including salesmanship.
- Travel to and work at each facility as required by Family Reservations Manager.
- Work with a limited amount of supervision and be self-motivated.
- Work weekends, holidays, evenings and a variety of hours as required by demands of season and/or vacation/sick schedules of department.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies: EPC and SMR, personnel, programs, policies and procedures.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), year round position paying $12/hour with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, complimentary discounted nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (date restrictions based on season/occupancy), and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing /mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts.
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List