Back to Job List
Building and Grounds - SMR
Auto Shop Mechanic
Apply for this Job
The Auto Shop Mechanic is responsible for the repair, maintenance, and safety of the Snow Mountain Ranch vehicle fleet, including but not limited to all cars, vans, trucks, and equipment. This person will assist with snow removal, general maintenance duties, and equipment operation as assigned.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Minimum of two years technical mechanics training and two years on-the-job experience or five years on-the-job experience.
- Small engine repair experience.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems involving vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to replace engines, transmission, etc.
- Coordinate vehicle and equipment maintenance records.
- Must follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills and be able to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of safe work practices with hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, vehicle lifts, lifting and carrying of objects, and proper personal protective equipment is required.
- Skill is required in the use of a broad variety of common and specialized hand and power tools.
- Recommend repairs, replacements and improvements to the Superintendent of Building and Grounds for planning and budget purposes.
- Work within established deadlines to ensure a quality product and timely completion of projects.
- Estimate costs of proposed projects and communicate for approval by the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds.
- Order materials to complete projects without downtime and also to stay within established budget limitations.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance equipment and tools are properly serviced and cared for.
- Perform general maintenance, plumbing, heating repair, and electrical tasks.
- Work inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
- Monitor and revise the daily vehicle checkout as needed to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Must be able to operate all vehicles in YMCA fleet.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Experience repairing and maintaining gasoline engines. Diesel engine repair and maintenance preferred.
- If living on property, will be on-call at least one night per week.
- Possess general knowledge and ability to weld
- Will be part of the snow plow crew. Will be called in early mornings and may need to work late nights.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
This is a full time, year round, hourly position with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, comp nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch, and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, and Steamboat.
Pay DOE/market rate; if you have a specific hourly wage or range you will consider, please include it with your application.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email email@example.com.
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round destination family resorts on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List