Back to Job List
Executive Office - EPC
Group Sales Representative
Apply for this Job
JOB DESCRIPTION: Group Sales Representative
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center, Executive Offices
Reports to: Group Sales Director
The Group Sales Representative is responsible for generating significant and measurable revenues from group and conference business at Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) using YMCA of the Rockies’s established sales systems and practices.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Systematically maintain top accounts assigned for given market segment, building relationships with group leaders and ensuring consistent rebookings.
- Research, contact, and book new group business within assigned market segment (market segment to be determined by Group Sales Director).
- Maintain high level of knowledge of services and facilities available at EPC and SMR and lead site tours at both centers as needed to build new business.
- Negotiate terms of group contracts in order to close business deals, including authority to negotiate rates and services within normal parameters of the Association’s sales guidelines.
- Develop and work through quarterly sales action plans, including maintenance of prospective and quoted business that requires follow-through.
- Participate in, and fully support, other Group Sales team staff with incoming group business requests.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers by phone, email and in person.
- Ability to use desktop computer and contemporary software (Windows and DOS based) to manage workload and correspondence.
- Work away from the office to meet with potential customers and book group business, including occasional overnight travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Respond to business leads.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining detailed records of correspondence and actions.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, and formal proposals for clients.
- Participate in sales meetings and team sales goals as required.
- Review and sign for mailing any booking confirmations or contracts.
- Possess excellent telephone/communication, and multitasking skills
- Possess strong math aptitude skills.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Possess a college degree or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking sales environment and face the challenges of revenue goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), year round position, starting at $16/hour, with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, complimentary discounted nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (date restrictions based on season/occupancy), and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing /mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts.
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Categories: Executive, Reservations, Sales, Administrative, Clerical
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List