Back to Job List
Maintenance Technician and Driver
Apply for this Job
Responsible for janitorial cleaning throughout the Center to meet high standards of cleanliness. Responsible for interior and exterior building and equipment general maintenance and upkeep. Responsible for summer grounds keeping, winter snow removal, keeping the sidewalks clear of ice and snow, and sanding. Assist with the security and safe operation of the Center, including HVAC, fire and burglar alarm, building systems. Willing to work nights and weekends in the event called in by Manager for an unexpected issue, and/or scheduled in advance based workloads, projects and deadlines. Will assist with maintaining a safe work environment. Will drive ANHC vehicles for transporting customers, students, or merchandise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with janitorial needs according to the Janitorial Standards and Janitorial Cleaning Schedule checklist outlining daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning priorities to meet high standards of cleanliness communicated during daily, weekly and monthly inspections by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Janitorial tasks include but are not limited to, vacuuming, sweeping, waxing, and mopping of floors, emptying trash receptacles, picking up trash around interior and exterior of facility, dusting, sanitizing toilets and other restroom fixtures, cleaning mirrors and glass windows and doors, polishing brass and stainless, shampooing carpets, restocking restroom and kitchen dispensers, and setting up and tearing down for events Janitorial closets are kept clean of dirt and supplies organized.
- Janitorial machinery cleaned and stored properly.
- Safely transports customers to and from center during summer season when Shuttle Van is in operation.
- Safely transports program participants, as scheduled or as needed.
- Drops off and picks up ANHC vehicles for repair, tire changes, car washing, and fueling.
- Performs work order requests as assigned.
- Reviews, monitors, and completes Annual Maintenance Schedule, Mechanical Room Checklist, Filter Schedule, and Generator Log tasks in a timely manner and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Performs light and ballast changes on an as needed basis.
- Performs taping, mudding, and painting.
- Lubing of machinery is performed annually.
- Outdoor equipment is kept in good working order. Mechanical rooms are kept clean of dirt and debris.
- General upkeep of facility and grounds as needed.
- Assures all snow is removed from roadways, parking lots, and sidewalks, and sanding is performed as needed.
- Ice is removed from locations needed to ensure safety of employees and customers.
- Performs general grounds keeping tasks; mowing, weeding, watering, fertilizing lawns, planting of flowers, and pruning of shrubs and trees.
- Pick up of trash around exterior of building, parking lots and village sites.
- Assists all departments in moving of large and small office items and supplies to and from multiple locations at the Center.
- Moves office furniture to and from different locations at the Center and off-site.
- Moves, dismantles, and assembles display cases and exhibits.
- Moves, loads, and removes large, discarded items from Center and hauls and unloads at dump site.
- Follow state mandates and guidelines pertaining to COVID-19.
- Monitor’s safety issues at the Center; keeping walkways, halls, and exits clear of items and materials.
- Familiar with SDS data.
- Ability to follow OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Familiar with Safety Manual
- Familiar with Emergency Radio Codes. Assist with the security of the center as scheduled.
- Responsible for the evening lock down of facility, ensuring all doors and windows are secured, alarm is activated, and gates are locked.
- Attends monthly facility meetings.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in general maintenance.
- Minimum of one year janitorial and grounds keeping skills.
- Must be able to operate a bobcat and 15-passenger van.
- Experience with various hand tools and power equipment: Weed Eater, Lawn Mower, Snow Blower, Bobcat, ATV, Man Lift, Power Tools, Floor cleaners/scrubbers, Plow Truck and Sander
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of computers and various software components.
- Additional knowledge of various equipment, general maintenance, janitorial and landscaping techniques.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license. Must have clean driving record. Class C CDL preferred. Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office.
- Outdoors: Ability to work outside in all weather conditions typical for Anchorage Alaska Summers.
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List