Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
Provides general accounting, bookkeeping and administrative support for the Finance Department. Provides general administrative and organizational support for the Human Resources function, including record-keeping, file maintenance, including maintaining confidential employee records and files. Work is performed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, state and federal regulations, grant guidelines, and employment laws, including privacy (HIPPA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare Journal Entries and General Ledger Account Reconciliations.
- Data Entry into the Bill.com and/or QuickBooks accounting system of Vendor Bills, Customer Invoices and Facility Reservation Orders.
- Provides Bookkeeping support for several revenue producing departments, including the Gift Shop, Facility Rentals, Admissions, Cultural Awareness Workshops and others under development.
- Supports Development in tracking donor gifts in Donor Perfect system.
- Work with the Finance Director in preparation for the annual Financial and Federal Single Audit
- Works with Finance Director in monthly close process, assisting with monthly management reporting.
- Works with Finance Director in preparing grant draws and reporting.
- Works with Office Coordinator and Finance Director to help ensure smooth running of the administrative office.
- Assists with supervision of interns and seasonal administrative support.
- Works with the program staff, grant writers and other staff to help ensure compliance with grant documents, contracts, and other legal requirements.
- Supports the Finance Director with the onboarding and off boarding of employees by preparing checklists, forms, and overseeing confidential employee files.
- Supports the Finance Director in Benefit Administration, tracking eligibility dates, providing enrollment forms and ensuring payroll deductions are communicated to the payroll processor, and reviewing vendor invoices for accuracy. Coordinates daily benefits processing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Comply with laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources and employee files and records.
- Ability to collect data and interpret data contained in reports and other source documents, for transcribing and entering into other systems and formats.
- Contract, documentation and compliance administration.
- High standard of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- 5+ years of Accounting experience
- College Degree, Accounting Degree may substitute for work experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources and employee files and records, including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, and developing policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- General Ledger reconciliation and Journal Entry preparation
- Data Entry and File management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good problem solving skills.
- QuickBooks Experience and Donor Perfect Experience a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with other web based applications and automated work flow processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office; requires most or all work to be done inside.
- Quiet to moderate.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List