Back to Job List
Cultural Programs Coordinator – Culture Box Projects
Apply for this Job
Cultural Programs Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Planner
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp or Trello)
- BS in Business Administration or related field
- Social enterprise, entrepreneurship, or business development experience preferred
- Have basic knowledge of Alaska, Alaska’s history, and Alaska Native cultures.
- Have basic understanding of ANHC’s mission, direction, and history or be willing to receive training.
- Have basic writing and public speaking skills.
- Be able to prepare reports in word and excel.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Skill in the use of copier, fax, and other office equipment.
- Receive direction and guidance from department supervisors.
- Work as a team or independently.
- Ability to problem solve on own and seek assistance from the supervisor as needed.
- Be willing to take leadership responsibility.
- Be flexible.
- Be willing to travel as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office, on or off-site;
- Outdoors: Ability to work in all Alaska weather conditions.
- Quiet to moderate, with occasional periods of extreme loudness
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List