Back to Job List
HR and Accounting Admin Coordinator
Apply for this Job
HR and Accounting Admin Coordinator Provides general accounting clerical and administrative support for the accounting department. Provides general administrative and organizational support for the Human Resources function, including record-keeping, file maintenance, including maintaining confidential employee records and files. Work is performed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, state and federal regulations, grant guidelines, and employment laws, including privacy (HIPPA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Office Coordinator, Facility Manager and Finance Director to help ensure smooth running of the administrative office.
- Works with the program staff, grant writers and other staff to help ensure compliance with grant documents, contracts, and other legal requirements.
- Work with the Finance Director in the conversion to digital HR files, including the proper disposition of historical files.
- Monitors time entry into the on-line time entry system, TCP, and follow-up with employees and supervisors to ensure timely submission and approval by due dates.
- Supports the Finance Director with the onboarding and off boarding of employees by preparing checklists, forms, and maintaining confidential employee files.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Supports the Finance Director in Benefit Administration, tracking eligibility dates, providing enrollment forms and ensuring payroll deductions are communicated to the payroll processor, and reviewing vendor invoices for accuracy. Coordinates daily benefits processing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Comply with laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources and employee files and records.
- Works with Finance Director and Executive Director and other department managers in identifying opportunities for and coordinating the delivery of training for employee growth, development, and goals, in order to achieve our strategic operational goals.
- Works with Executive Director in coordinating the annual Job Description review and performance evaluation process.
- Data Entry into the Bill.com and/or QuickBooks accounting system of Vendor Bills, Customer Invoices and Facility Reservation Orders.
- Work with the Finance Director in preparation for the annual Single Audit
- Works with Finance Director in monthly close process, assisting with reconciliations.
- Ability to collect data and interpret data contained in reports and other source documents, for transcribing and entering into other systems and formats.
- Contract, documentation and compliance administration.
- High standard of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- 2 or more years of experience in Human Resources or payroll processing
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources and employee files and records, including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, and developing policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Data Entry and File management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to use accounting software, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
Preference for individuals familiar with Alaska Native/Native American culture. We reserve the right to make hiring decisions preferential to Native Alaskans.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List