Back to Job List
Graphic Design Coordinator
Apply for this Job
The Graphics Design Coordinator will combine artistic skill and technology to produce computer generated artwork in a variety of media. Also supports other departments and employees when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Development and Marketing Support:
- Creates designs that visually communicate desired product or project messages for varied departments, projects and programs. Designs may be used in various visual media including magazines, billboards, advertising, and product packaging.
- Creates various layouts, iconography, package designs, website designs, logos, and illustrations according to specifications.
- Meets with internal clients to discuss requirements and the design of the project.
- Creates rough drafts and sketches of concept, and presents to internal clients for further discussion and revision.
- Participates in collaborative revision and approval process until final design is approved.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience can be substituted; major or significant coursework in Art, Graphic Design, or related disciplines highly preferred.
- Three years of related experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of print, electronic, and graphics media.
- Superior artistic and design skills.
- Extremely proficient in image editing and digital animation and illustration software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan a project based on interactions with the client and in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Able to work as a team member with limited supervision.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written directions to complete assigned tasks.
- Able to work under deadlines and adjusts to changing work priorities.
- Ability to keep confidential board, personnel, and financial information that this positions is required to work on a regular basis.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining internal deadlines.
- Professional in manner and appearance, able to communicate well with people from varied backgrounds and areas of responsibilities.
- Intermediate to advanced technical proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite of applications, Web Browsers, and web-based computer based applications.
- Technical proficiency of office equipment (including, copier/fax machines, general business formats, and procedures. Ability to type 40 WPM or higher.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, good vocabulary, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Attendance and punctuality is essential.
- Maintains confidentiality while maintaining a positive working relationship with co-workers.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office;
- Quiet to moderate.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position, sitting a majority of the time.
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must be able to stoop, kneel, and reach overhead while working. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Preference for individuals familiar with Alaska Native/Native American culture. We reserve the right to make hiring decisions preferential to Native Alaskans.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List