Back to Job List
Executive Assistant Admin
Apply for this Job
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the President & CEO, and the Board of Directors. Also supports the Development, Program and Administration departments. The primary responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to provide administrative support to the President & CEO. Executes a variety of administrative tasks crucial to the efficient operation of the organization and handles critical and confidential details and data. Performs a variety of administrative assignments exercising independent judgement and initiative in support of the President & CEO. Has the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative. Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of Alaska Native Heritage Center, structure including policies and procedures as well as extensive secretarial function, knowledge, and ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive support services to the President & CEO ensuring outstanding communication and responsiveness including sophisticated calendar management, prioritizing inquiries and requests, and ensuring smooth day-to-day engagements
- Support the President & CEO in strategic communications, organizational strategy, and all other special projects as assigned, including basic research and summaries of interest to senior leadership.
- Works with the Donor Perfect data base maintaining constituent records and enter donor gifts.
- Help plan all events or meetings of the President & CEO and ensure that all necessary support and arrangements are provided.
- Keep staff and Board informed of meetings, agendas, and actions as required.
- Participate in sorting and distributing incoming mail and other materials and prepare for appropriate and timely responses by the President & CEO.
- Support President & CEO with internal and external communications including preparing and edit correspondence, presentations, reports, and memos
- Prepares materials for board meetings and ensures timely completion of required governance documents
- Manage all scheduling and travel logistics for President & CEO
- Complete expense reports and manage correspondence with vendors
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including, document management, and archiving
- Support President & CEO with donor/funder questions
- Assist in receptionist and front desk duties, work schedule 8am – 5pm and provides phone coverage and back-up.
- Stays abreast of impactful, local news and advises President & CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
- Associates degree or professional certification in related field plus three years of comparable experience in executive administration and board administration and/or equivalent combination.
- Familiarity with non-profit sector
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task, be a team-player, be flexible, adapt to shifting priorities, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to access a wide range of sources and networks for information
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, scheduling and basic survey tools
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Highly experienced in electronic communications
- Knowledge of Alaskan Native culture, customs and languages preferred.
- Have basic understanding of ANHC’s mission, direction, and history or be willing to receive training.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office, on or off-site;
- Quiet to moderate
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List