Back to Job List
Culture and Education Program Coordinator - Ilakucaraaq
Apply for this Job
The Culture and Education Program Coordinator will be working on Ilakucaraq Project. Program Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with a Project Manager to prepare and execute comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes, and budgets for a Cultural Awareness Workshop project. The individual who is hired in this position will ensure that there is proper oversight of federal funds, including expenditure and reporting. They will also provide operational support to the Alaska Humanities Forum staff, such as booking flights and lodging for program participants and Alaska Humanities Forum staff. The C&E Program Coordinator will work with the Program Manager to identify artists to contract for creation of the materials for the culture boxes, as well as artists to contract as guest speakers during project execution. They will prepare meeting agendas and maintain project records. The person who fills this position will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, individuals who apply should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you will collaborate with partners and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes.
- Liaise with partners to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Help prepare budgets.
- Analyze risks and opportunities.
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants and partners.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure the execution of the project plan.
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures.
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement).
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
- Proven work experience as a Program Coordinator or similar role.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Hands-on experience with educational projects.
- Bachelor degree in management or comparable educational experience.
- Education, Social enterprise, or professional development experience preferred.
- Have basic writing and public speaking skills.
- Be able to prepare reports in word and excel.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Skill in the use of copier, fax, and other office equipment.
- Have basic knowledge of Alaska, Alaska’s history, and Alaska Native cultures.
- Have basic understanding of ANHC’s mission, direction, and history or be willing to receive training.
- Receive direction and guidance from department supervisors.
- Work as a team or independently.
- Ability to problem solve individually and seek assistance from the supervisor as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office, on or off-site;
- Outdoors: Ability to work in all Alaska weather conditions.
- Quiet to moderate, with occasional periods of extreme loudness
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List