Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
Under the direction of the Director of Operations the Events Manager will oversee facility rentals and events for ANHC and will plan and manage events of varying sizes and purposes. The Events manager will provide the highest level of customer service to assist ANHC in hosting events that enhance our organizations image in the community, build client trust and loyalty and develop our brand-to-client experience. This position will be work with existing clients and will help to build our client base by recommending opportunities for continued growth and improvement that lead ANHC to becoming a premier event space in our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing, managing, and evaluating the events and facility rentals department including client services.
- Responsible for facility rentals administration promotion, marketing, and customer relationship management.
- Oversees the events team and looks for opportunities to strengthen interdepartmental partnership.
- Manages the events calendar to ensure an efficient and effective workflow.
- Works with the Marketing Manager to create marketing and promotional collaterals, coordinate the creation of various brochures and communications and strategic outreach efforts.
- Responsible for cultivating, developing, and maintaining Cultural Tourism relationships with tour operators and other service providers, including contract negotiation, pricing, and scheduling.
- Negotiates quotes and agreements with vendors and tour operators and seeks opportunities for new partnerships.
- Monitors timeframes, deliverables, and oversees the event and facility rental department budget.
- Oversees sales orders and invoicing for events in partnership with finance,
- Implements, manages, and trains staff on event planning software.
- Promotes the Center as a venue for education, youth, and events and as a tourism attraction. Participates in community relations meetings and contributes ideas to the overall marketing and outreach strategy of the center.
- Will partner with program staff in supporting the delivery of the ANHC cultural experience for visitors.
- Proposes ways to amplify our ANHC’s brand visibility to enhance client and employee relations and enhance ANHC’s growth as a premier place for events.
- Obtains and oversees appropriate permitting and contracting related to events.
- Brainstorms and implements event plans and concepts.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including professional written communication skills, proper grammar usage, vocabulary, and spelling.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of and to lead a team.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, on-line applications, and events software.
- Able to successfully communicate across departments and identify opportunities to co-design workflows.
- Outgoing and positive go-getter attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds in a professional manner.
- Provides excellent customer service even when under pressure.
- Manages difficult situations; solicits feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance including client grievance and meets commitments in a timely manner.
- Is dedicated to finding solutions and focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting, is emotionally intelligent and remains open to others ideals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office, on or office.
- Quiet to moderate
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or related field, Relevant experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- 5 years relevant experience in event planning, business development, hospitality management, or related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 1 year of experience in the tourism industry in Alaska, including large and small tour operators, industry organizations, and influential publications.
- 5+ years relevant experience in event planning, business development, hospitality management, or related field.
- Knowledge of Alaska, Alaska’s history, and Alaskan Native culture, customs and languages.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List