Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
Reporting to the Indigenous Café and Catering Manager, the Barista/Lead Barista provides exceptional customer service and delicious food for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate behavior and work ethic centered on ANHC values.
- Provide professional, high level customer service to all ANHC staff, guests, vendors, and key stakeholders.
- Display an eagerness to enhance knowledge and willingness to put forth effort to develop skills.
- Assist Café Manager with day-to-day operations, administrative duties, and special projects.
- Act as a team player and provides support when and where needed.
- Attend meetings and trainings as appropriate to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to the barista/lead barista role.
- Identify and make recommendations for quality improvements and process efficiencies.
- Maintains the highest standards of food quality.
- Provides exceptional guest experience at all times.
- Follows all company systems, policies, and procedures.
- Gives guests priority and attention at all times.
- Takes direction and guidance from the café supervisor.
- Keep a clean and sanitary workstation at all times.
- Keep equipment clean and sanitary.
- Follows food safety guidelines and reports any violations to management immediately.
- Assists with the storage, stocking, rotation, and maintenance of all products.
- Runs errands and works special events when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to think strategically, problem-solve, and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from ANHC staff and guests.
- Display great interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all management and staff of ANHC as well as outside vendors.
- Ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Ability to keep a calm, mature, professional demeanor when needed.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Adaptability and the ability to creatively troubleshoot difficult situations.
ANHC Core Competencies: Commitment to Excellence, Values, Communication, Cultural Competence.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled café space.
- Outdoors: Determined by Alaska’s weather, when visiting programs and partners, in accordance with Municipalities rules and regulations, and ANHC’s COVID 19 mandates.
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
- Must be sixteen (16) years of age or older.
- 3-6 months relevant experience in customer service, food/coffee service, or a related field.
- Current, valid Food Handler Card (or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment)
- Continued employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory state and federal fingerprint criminal background checks.
- 6+ months relevant experience in customer service, food/coffee service, or a related field.
- Additional courses or training in customer service, food/coffee service.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List