Back to Job List
Project & Communications Manager
Apply for this Job
JOB STATEMENT/PURPOSE: The Project and Communications Manager is key to the success and engagement of Alaska Native Heritage Center priority projects. Responsibilities include managing the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects with objectives that assist in delivering key and critical outcomes. Also responsible for executing the Communication and Marketing strategy of ANHC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide project management consultation and leadership for projects as assigned.
- Working with project teams, executive sponsors and partners/stakeholders to develop detailed project management plans.
- Leading and facilitating project teams conducting the work which includes managing project plans, budgets, resources including vendors, communications (internal and external), organizational change management, risk and issue management, and administering the project meeting and reporting functions as necessary.
- Consistently monitoring and reporting the progress of projects to internal and external stakeholders, including executives, other agencies, public officials and others affected by projects.
- Support and implement ANHC Communication and Marketing Strategy to ensure that unified, consistent, and positive messages define and promote the corporate identity and mission, including but not limited to pitching stories to the press, accompanying media visitors on visits to ANHC, overseeing social media strategy, and writing content for ANHC platforms
- Oversee, coordinate, and participate in the development of marketing and communications strategies and advertising programs across a variety of media sources.
- Build and strengthen key relationships with stakeholders and the Board, including but not limited to developing Board engagement strategies and creating Board reports
- Provide support to the President & CEO, including but not limited to media assistance and on-site support for events
- Work closely with the Cultural Tourism team to manage relationships with guests, ensure positive guest experiences, and maintain a positive image for ANHC among the public
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work independently to ensure effective direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of cross-organizational and strategy projects, as well as demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative cross-department team environment.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher; and one (1) or more years of professional experience in project management, which includes experience managing or coordinating complex projects involving multiple staff and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Working with diverse staff to accomplish projects.
- Interacting with others in a positive manner and maintaining good working relationships among diverse partners and customers.
- Experienced as intermediate to advanced proficiency in effectively using the following software, MS SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Also experience in using MS Projects or similar project management/tracking software.
- Knowledge of Alaskan Native culture, customs and languages preferred.
- Have basic understanding of ANHC’s mission, direction, and history or be willing to receive training.
- Outgoing and positive professional verbal communication skills.
- Professional written communication skills, including proper grammar usage, vocabulary, and spelling.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office, on or off-site;
- Quiet to moderate
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List