Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
The Executive Assistant is the main contact point for the ANHC executive leadership team and the Board of Directors. This role supports all administrative functions of ANHC, executes a variety of administrative tasks crucial to the efficient operation of the organization and handles critical and confidential details and data. The Executive Assistant leads various administrative assignments exercising independent judgement and initiative to support executive leadership functions. This role must have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The position requires the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive support services to the executive team ensuring outstanding communication and responsiveness including sophisticated calendar management, prioritizing inquiries and requests, and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations.
- Supports the executive team in strategic communications, organizational strategy, and all other special projects as assigned, including basic research and summaries of interest to senior leadership.
- Supports event planning and meeting coordination for the executive team and ensures that all necessary support and arrangements are provided.
- Keep staff and Board informed of meetings, agendas, and actions as required.
- Takes Board and committee meeting minutes per Roberts Rules of Order standards.
- Prepares materials for board meetings and ensures timely completion and distribution of required governance documents.
- Is primary of sorting and distributing incoming mail and other materials to designated functions.
- Supports the executive team with internal and external communications including preparing and editing correspondence, presentations, reports, and memos.
- Manage all scheduling and travel coordination for the executive team.
- Complete expense reports and manage correspondence with vendors.
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including document management, and archiving.
- Assist in receptionist and front desk duties, work schedule and provides phone coverage and back-up.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good judgement and ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and adapt to high pressure situations.
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with vendors and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to learn and utilize internal event management software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks, Adobe Acrobat and other relevant software programs.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office, on or off-site;
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
- Associates degree or professional certification in business administration, communications or a related field. Experience may substitute for education requirement on a year for year basis.
- Three years of comparable experience in executive administration and board administration and/or equivalent combination.
- Knowledge of Alaskan Native culture, customs and languages preferred.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List