Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
Under the direction of the Director of Operations the Prep Cook will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other food items as directed. This position will be responsible for food safety and inventory including organizing and labeling food items in storage closets, performing tasks like chopping ingredients and sanitizing their workstation during and after use to endure the kitchen remains efficient in creating and delivering dishes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares meal ingredients as directed by Café Supervisor and follows specifications outlined in ANHC recipes.
• Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
• Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
• Prepares simple dishes such as breads or salads.
• Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
• Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
• Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
• Ensuring the preparation station and the kitchen are set up and stocked.
• Cleaning prep areas and taking care of leftovers.
• Stocking inventory and supplies
• Prepares simple dishes such as salads, sandwiches, soup and parfaits.
• Maintain food and equipment inventories and keep inventory records to ensure all necessary ingredients are stocked for service.
• Manage and order product from the vendors along with purchasing locally.
• Delivering salads, sandwiches, etc. to PCC, CITC, and ANHC.
• Perform food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
• Monitor compliance with health regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
• Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Municipal health and safety regulations.
• Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
• Works in an organized and efficient manner.
• Consistent in dish preparation, timeliness, and attitude.
• Works well under pressure and prioritizes multi-tasking.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Works quickly with few errors.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
• Ability to learn and utilize internal point of sale and inventory tracking software.
• Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled café and kitchen; requires most or all work to be done inside.
• Quiet to moderate.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Three years of experience in the food service industry, specifically as a prep or line cook.
• Food Handlers Card.
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured under ANHC’s insurance.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the social, health, educational, training, and cultural needs of the Alaska Native/American Indian community.
ACCEPTANCE and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have reviewed and understand the above position description and believe it to be accurate and complete.
I also agree that ANHC retains the right to change this job description at any time and will provide me with written revisions and addendum prior to the installation of the new policies or requirements.
I will also be provided a copy of a Company Policy Manual, detailing other requirements and responsibilities, in addition to those stated in this document. I also understand that, although there are areas, which can be delegated to other members of my staff, I am fully accountable for assuring that these areas are carried out on a daily or weekly basis. The functional role of Person In Charge cannot be delegated to another member of the team.
Therefore, the undersigned are in common agreement on the functional role of the Person In Charge, as outlined in this document. It is understood and agreed that this Position Description is intended to serve as a listing of the requirements for this position, the authority for action that the individual occupying the Person In Charge’s position has and the responsibilities and duties to be performed. This document is not intended as a contract for employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any period of time. Employment is “At Will” and employment may be mutually terminated at any time.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List