Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
JOB TITLE: Finance Director
REPORT TO: President
DATE REVISED: November 15, 2023
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt; salary
The Finance Director will work closely with the President in determining long-term financial goals and developing strategies to achieve the financial objectives of ANHC. The Finance Director will manage the organization’s financial operations, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, and advisement of the senior management team on financial decisions. The Finance Director is responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal controls, while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages fiscal procedures and operations.
- Prepares and monitors annual agency and program budgets.
- Oversees the preparation of financial variance reports, monthly financial and narrative reports, cash flow analysis and projections.
- Assists outside accountants in preparation of audited financial reports and IRS Form 990.
- Maintains relationships with financial service providers, financial consultants, grantors, program partners, auditors and accountants.
- Responsible for Risk Management including Commercial General Insurance policies structure, renewal and administration.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly and quarterly general ledger reconciliations in accordance with the work flow deadlines.
- Reviews accounting transactions for accurate class and general ledger account coding and customer, vendor and employee set up in accounting system.
- Reviews payables and receivables for coding, reasonableness and accuracy.
- Approves invoices for earned income and grant activities.
- Reviews procurement and payments for compliance with policy and procedure.
- In coordination with the Director of Operations/HR, oversees the processing of employee onboarding, offboarding, training, and employee benefits
- Oversees payroll processing and employee benefit accounting and administration.
- Responsible for Workers Compensation insurance policies, structure, renewals and administration.
- Regular attender and active participant in weekly or as scheduled director/manager meetings.
- Participates in special projects and management studies.
- Prepares and files required government forms and reports.
- Researches and monitors compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and grant guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain accounting and finance policy and procedure documentation.
- Advises and trains staff on financial compliance.
- Prepares Alaska Public Offices Commission reports for employment of lobbyist when required.
- Working with Program and Grant Staff, supports preparation of grant applications and proposal budgets.
- Administer Grant Budgets, required reporting.
- Provide administrative support to program managers as needed.
- Prepares and negotiates the Indirect Cost Rate Agreement.
Board of Directors and Committees:
- Provides support for the Board of Directors – Finance Committee.
- Attends Board and Committee meetings quarterly.
- Responds to requests of Board and Committees.
- 10 or more years of experience in progressively more responsible jobs focusing on fund accounting.
- Completion of college resulting in Bachelor level degree in a specialized field of study such as accounting, business or finance.
- CPA or CMA certification desired.
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise and cloud-based applications that integrate with QuickBooks, including Square, Donor Perfect, Bill.com.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and nonprofit accounting standards.
- Knowledge of OMB circulars.
- Knowledge of requirements for 501c(3) organizations.
- Financial and audit skills commensurate with a corporation the size and functional orientation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with a particular emphasis on the presentation of financial material.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Experience preparing and analyzing operating and capital budgets and cash flow.
- Ability to develop comprehensive work plans for short, mid-range and long-term projects such as financial analysis for operating departments, for accounting and internal control considerations.
- Ability to manage such projects and to perform many of the related project tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with management and staff and to effectively communicate with individuals both inside and outside the organization.
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office;
- Quiet to moderate.
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
ACCEPTANCE and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have reviewed and understand the above position description and believe it to be accurate and complete.
I also agree that ANHC retains the right to change this job description at any time and will provide me with written revisions and addendum prior to the installation of the new policies or requirements.
I will also be provided a copy of a Company Policy Manual, detailing other requirements and responsibilities, in addition to those stated in this document. I also understand that, although there are areas, which can be delegated to other members of my staff, I am fully accountable for assuring that these areas are carried out on a daily or weekly basis. The functional role of Finance and Facilities Director cannot be delegated to another member of the team.
Therefore, the undersigned are in common agreement on the functional role of the Finance and Facilities Director, as outlined in this document. It is understood and agreed that this Position Description is intended to serve as a listing of the requirements for this position, the authority for action that the individual occupying the Finance and Facilities Director’s position has and the responsibilities and duties to be performed. This document is not intended as a contract for employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any period of time. Employment is “At Will” and employment may be mutually terminated at any time.
Finance and Facilities Director Supervisor
* Please provide a signed copy to employee and send original to Avitus Group Inc. for employee’s personnel file.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List