Back to Job List
Cultural Program Coordinator
Apply for this Job
JOB TITLE: Cultural Program Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Cultural Tourism
REPORT TO: Senior Cultural Programs Manager
DATE REVISED: January 11, 2024
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt; hourly (Temporary/Seasonal)
Under the supervision of the Cultural Program Manager coordinates administrative and logistical support for cultural tourism programs to include interdepartmental services, cultural and educational classes, vendor contracts, workforce development programming, and aides the department in maintaining and updating the calendar and schedule of events. Supports and maintains partner and client relationships to ensure excellent customer service, proper planning, and execution of cultural tourism programs. This position will work in partnership with the Senior Cultural Programs Manger to supervise the Cultural Ambassador and ANHC DEEDS Internship Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support and coordination for cultural tourism programs, including but not limited to written and verbal communication with clients and partnering ANHC departments, coordination with internal and external contracted vendors including culture bearers, artists, and Native Youth Games athletes.
- Serves as a liaison between cultural tourism programs and facility and event rentals to book events and classes and organize set-up and take-down for programming and private demonstrations.
- Provides set-up and support of equipment such as audio/visual equipment, DVD, Bluetooth, lighting, and various theatre equipment.
- Ensuring appropriate support staff is scheduled for programming events.
- Contributes to department growth and goals to improve services and quality of the cultural programs.
- Supports the Cultural Program Manager in planning the ANHC’s cultural ambassador’s program including direct supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring of interns and ambassadors.
- Supports cultural training for staff and helps to facilitate orientation for the summer season.
- Support internal ANHC programming for various departments as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working in an administrative role in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Inform all front-of-house staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and adapt to high pressure situations.
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with vendors and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to prepare reports in word and excel.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- High standards of honesty, integrity, and responsibility
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office;
- Outdoors: Ability to work outside in all weather conditions typical for Anchorage Alaska Summers.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 1-3 years of professional administrative experience.
- 3+ years of professional administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the social, health, educational, training, and cultural needs of the Alaska Native/American Indian community.
ACCEPTANCE and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have reviewed and understand the above position description and believe it to be accurate and complete.
I also agree that ANHC retains the right to change this job description at any time and will provide me with written revisions and addendum prior to the installation of the new policies or requirements.
I will also be provided a copy of a Company Policy Manual, detailing other requirements and responsibilities, in addition to those stated in this document. I also understand that, although there are areas, which can be delegated to other members of my staff, I am fully accountable for assuring that these areas are carried out on a daily or weekly basis. The functional role of Intern cannot be delegated to another member of the team.
Therefore, the undersigned are in common agreement on the functional role of the Intern, as outlined in this document. It is understood and agreed that this Position Description is intended to serve as a listing of the requirements for this position, the authority for action that the individual occupying the Intern’s position has and the responsibilities and duties to be performed. This document is not intended as a contract for employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any period of time. Employment is “At Will” and employment may be mutually terminated at any time.
* Please provide a signed copy to Human Resources for employee’s personnel file.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List