Back to Job List
Administrative Events Assistant
Apply for this Job
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant Events
DEPARTMENT: Social Enterprise
REPORT TO: Events Manager
DATE REVISED: February 28, 2022
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt; FT-Regular
Under the direction of the Events Manger this position will primarily be responsible for supporting Events and Facility Rentals in the Social Enterprise Department. This role will provide the highest level of customer service for internal and external clients and will work collaboratively with other departments, primarily Facility Maintenance, Accounting, Cultural Tourism, and Marketing Departments. This position will be the main point of contact for event and facility rentals, organizing the general calendar and inputting and tracking information in the events software program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the events and facility rental team by providing general administrative support and a high level of customer service.
- Assists the events and facility rental team with a high number of events, ranging from small meetings to award ceremonies.
- Handles clients inquiries over the telephone, email, and in-person and forwards important calls and requests to the Events Manager.
- Triages and intakes new and existing client requests and books them in the events software program and on the general calendar.
- Manages the events calendar to ensure an efficient and effective workflow.
- Communicates with key stakeholders upcoming event needs and coordination.
- Works with the marketing department to assist in the creation of social media content for distribution through various social media platforms, including the website.
- Assists in the completion of client proposals, contracts and required paperwork including filing, initiating paperwork, and assisting in the creation of files.
- Maintains records of all bookings and taking down payments and payments when necessary.
- Works in partnership with the Accounting Department to ensure a smooth workflow for sales orders and invoicing.
- Keeps the event and facility rental department organized and tracks and records inventory in the event software program.
- Assists the events coordinator with the execution of events by providing required administrative and logistic support.
- Helps set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion and tracks inventory.
- Attends meetings and client walk-throughs as needed to act as a second point of contact.
- Helps assists with special projects as directed including researching and organizing preferred vendor lists.
- Additional duties as assigned based on needs of the business.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and adapt to high pressure situations.
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with vendors and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to learn and utilize internal event management software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks, Adobe Acrobat and other relevant software programs.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoors: Primarily in an environmentally controlled office, on or off-site.
- Quiet to moderate
- Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in customer service, facility sales, event planning, business development, marketing, advertising, communications, social media promotion or a related field.
- High School Diploma required.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in customer service, facility sales, event planning, business development, marketing, advertising, communications, social media promotion or a related field.
- Additional courses or training in customer service, marketing, tourism, facility sales and event planning a plus.
- Knowledge of Alaskan Native culture, customs, and languages.
- Knowledge of the event planning and tourism business in Alaska, including large and small tour operators, industry organizations, and influential publications a plus.
ACCEPTANCE and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I agree that ANHC retains the right to change this job description at any time and will provide me with written revisions and addendum prior to the installation of the new policies or requirements.
I will also be provided a copy of a Company Policy Manual, detailing other requirements and responsibilities, in addition to those stated in this document. I also understand that, although there are areas, which can be delegated to other members of staff, I am fully accountable for assuring that these areas are carried out on a daily or weekly basis. The functional role of this job description cannot be delegated to another member of the team.
Therefore, the undersigned are in common agreement on the functional role of this job description, as outlined in this document. It is understood and agreed that this Position Description is intended to serve as a listing of the requirements for this position, the authority for action that the individual occupying the position has and the responsibilities and duties to be performed. This document is not intended as a contract for employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any period of time. Employment is “At Will” and employment may be mutually terminated at any time.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List