This position is available for the 2016 Summer Season. A hiring manager will be available at the Spring Career Fair for interviews on Wednesday, April 20th from 3pm to 6pm.
Do you like to keep things clean and spiffy? Do you like using natural plant based biodegradable cleaning products? Do you like the feeling of a job well done? Do you like interacting with others in a pleasant and friendly work atmosphere? Well....this might be just the job for you!
Crystal Mountain is seeking day shift Housekeepers to clean hotel units, condos and shared public spaces. We offer seasonal AND year round opportunities.
Great opportunities available for experienced housekeepers with competitive wages!
Join the Housekeeping team and help us achieve and maintain our reputation for superior room cleanliness and exceptional guest service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean guest rooms and corridors.
- Change linens and make beds following resort protocol.
- Keep housekeeping storage area/vehicle stocked and orderly at all times
- Dust and polish furniture and furnishings.
- Empty containers for Waste or Recycle.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings and woodwork.
- Vacuum guest rooms and corridors.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs and showers.
- Maintain amenity dispensers in rooms.
- Clean exterior entrances, decks and furniture.
- Replenish supplies; glasses, linens, writing supplies, in-room literature and bathroom linens.
- Follow Lost and Found procedures.
- Maintain current Resort Guest Satisfaction Standards in Cleanliness and Service on a consistent basis.
- Perform Quality Work and complete the work within a specific time frame.
- Must be responsible and able to work well on own and with others in teams.
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Must be able to check own work after the completion of the work assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Resort Recreation Benefits:
ALL employees at Crystal Mountain receive these resort benefits to include FREE; fitness center, indoor pool, outdoor water park, golf, wellness programs, climbing wall, adventure courses, alpine slide, mountain biking and trail access, group ski lessons, downhill skiing/boarding and ski & snowboard rentals. DISCOUNTS on; spa services, fitness classes, retail products & apparel, food, lodging and personal training!
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort recognized nationally as one of the Midwest’s premier destinations. Located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City, Crystal Mountain offers 58 slopes for downhill skiing and snowboarding, Crystal Mountain Snowsports School, winter activities like dog sledding, cross-country skiing and fat tire biking, snowshoeing through Michigan Legacy Art Park, the Edge Adventure Course, award-winning Crystal Spa, fine-dining, shopping as well as wedding, meeting and conference facilities.