Spa Service Providers
Spa Cosmetologist Licensed
Seeking Part Time Year Round Michigan Licensed cosmetologists to join our Spa Team!
Do you want to work in a nationally recognized LEED certified spa? Do you desire ongoing professional education, high-end natural professional products, positive work environment with a focus on employee and guest wellness?
Provides quality, professional service administering manicure and pedicure treatments and aesthetic services to guests in a professional spa environment..
- Keeps a positive attitude at all times.
- Assists guests with Spa tours, escorts to treatment rooms, and provides general information and directions.
- Administers spa services manicure and pedicure, facials, waxing, body treatments to Spa guests.
- Explains to guests what can be provided, the reasons for suggesting the prescribed treatment; suggests home care options.
- Promotes add-on services.
- Prepares and maintains inventory of the all equipment used according to departmental policy and procedures.
- Notifies supervisor if equipment is broken and needs repair or replacement.
- Sterilizes and sanitizes all instruments and areas in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains standard treatment times and notifies Spa desk personnel about any upgrades or changes to treatments.
- Maintains standard levels for supplies and linens in the treatment rooms according to departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensures a pleasant visit for each guest by maintaining a professional level of communication and behavior
- Addresses inappropriate guest behavior in a professional manner; refers situations that are difficult to resolve to a supervisor.
- Promotes and sells Spa product lines by using a prescription pad; maintains established quarterly standards.
- Checks the appointment schedule after every treatment.
- Uses only specific amounts of professional products and advises the supervisor when products are getting low.
- Assists with maintaining laundry levels in treatment rooms and back stock.
- Assists in keeping all areas neat and clean by performing tasks such as picking up towels, cleaning lounge areas, and picking up cups and dishes.
- Participates in cross-training for locker room support, fitness center, spa retail and desk operations.
- Assists with laundry in Spa.
- Keeps personal treatment area to standard when not performing services.
- Assists other team members when necessary.
- Passes all treatment inspections successfully.
- Passes all retail sales goals successfully.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Participates in continuing education programs and trainings to stay up-to-date with procedures, protocols, treatments, and industry trends.
- Maintains Michigan State licensing and certifications current.
- Maintains a flexible shift schedule and advises supervisor about any changes.
- Follows established safety and security policies and procedures including reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions immediately to a supervisor.
- Completes safety training and keeps certifications current.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information; protects company assets.
- Performs special projects delegated by the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all facts of cosmetology, skin care products, and nail equipment.
- Knowledge of departmental and Spa policies, standards and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Skill in working with details.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to learn new techniques in the spa industry.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently at all times, but especially during peak periods.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to effectively and efficiently respond to guest needs.
- Ability to understand and follow through on written or verbal instructions.
- High school or General Equivalency Diploma AND current Michigan State license and training from an accredited cosmetology program.
- Must successfully pass service performance interview requirement.
- Must either possess or obtain valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Demonstrated track record of reliability and responsiveness
- Demonstrated track record of providing excellent guest service.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, special events, and overtime, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated cosmetology success in a hotel/resort environment
- Non-smokers preferred