Facilities/Janitorial Attendant - 2015 Summer Season
Seeking Facilities Attendants to maintain our resort public facilities for our guests - this includes; daily maintenance of the restroom facilities, trash removal, basic public area maintenance and cleaning of the buildings. Facilities Attendants are a key component to enhancing our guests experience. Previous cleaning/janitorial experience preferred.
Job Duties and Responsiblities:
- Maintain public interior public areas of resort buildings to include: dust, polish and wipe down flat surfaces, vacuum, mop and buff floors, clean and wash windows and glass surfaced.
- Drive guest shuttle runs as needed
- Provide guest service calls as needed (gift baskets, supply runs to guests, etc.)
- Completes assigned work orders for general repair within assigned time frame in order to achieve the utmost operational efficiency of the resort and its equipment.
- Performs systematic checks and inspections to aid in the upkeep of the hotel and assists in the established proactive maintenance program in order to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and general depreciation.
- Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel equipment, including televisions.
- Other duties specific to the building.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer at least two (2) years of related general repair experience.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with an insurable driving record required (i.e. no major violations in last 5 years and/or multiple point violations).
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.