Crystal Mountain is seeking a Facilities/Janitorial Attendant.
Part-time and full-time positions available.
Facilities Attendants maintain our resort public area - this includes; daily maintenance of the restroom facilities, trash removal, basic public area maintenance and cleaning of the buildings. Assists with resort delivery or guest shuttle runs upon request. Facilities Attendants are a key component to enhancing our resort community and the guest experience.
Position requires attention to detail and ability to work both indoor and outdoors as needed with seasonal shifts in cleaning needs of public spaces.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain public areas of resort buildings to include: dust, polish and wipe down flat surfaces, vacuum, mop and buff floors, clean and wash windows and glass surfaced.
- Drive guest shuttle runs as needed
- Provide guest services by taking delivery calls as needed i.e. gift baskets, extra towels to guests, supply runs to guests, etc.
- Completes assigned daily checklists and makes notation of area in need of further cleaning or care.
- Performs checks and inspections to aid in the upkeep of the resort public areas - notifies maintenance of any issues in need of repair to help maintain a clean and safe environment for guests and co-workers.
- Follow safety protocols and cleaning procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must display organization and time management skills and able to work in teams and on one's own to complete tasks with self-direction.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with ability to obtain or already have - Michigan Chauffeur's Driver's License with an insurable driving record required (i.e. no major violations in last 5 years and/or multiple point violations).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer at least two (2) years of related general cleaning experience.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Resort Recreation Benefits:
ALL employees at Crystal Mountain receive these resort benefits to include FREE; fitness center, indoor pool, outdoor water park, golf, wellness programs, climbing wall, adventure courses, alpine slide, mountain biking and trail access, group ski lessons, downhill skiing/boarding and ski & snowboard rentals. DISCOUNTS on; spa services, fitness classes, retail products & apparel, food, lodging and personal training!
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort recognized nationally as one of the Midwest’s premier destinations. Located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City, Crystal Mountain offers 58 slopes for downhill skiing and snowboarding, Crystal Mountain Snowsports School, winter activities like dog sledding, cross-country skiing and fat tire biking, snowshoeing through Michigan Legacy Art Park, the Edge Adventure Course, award-winning Crystal Spa, fine-dining, shopping as well as wedding, meeting and conference facilities.