Join our Building Maintenance team!
2nd Shift Position Available
Full Time-Year Round Hourly Position
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for repairing and maintaining the resorts public buildings and spaces in accordance with Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
- Completes assigned work orders for general repair within assigned time frame in order to achieve the utmost operational efficiency of the resort and its equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, etc.
- Perform all other duties.
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer at least two (2) years of related general repair experience.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Must have unrestricted and insurable Michigan driving record.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.