Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
Job Category: Part-Time/Hourly/Pre-Season (Feb.-Sept.)
Reports to: Director of Housekeeping
Rate: $15.74/hour (+bonus upon completion of season)
Restroom Attendants are responsible for performing tasks such as sweeping, restroom cleaning, collecting and disposing of trash, maintaining a clean restroom. Related work includes trash containers, floors, ledges, counters and tables as required. Must be a self- starter and have the ability to work independently. Perform a variety of housekeeping duties in order to maintain the facility in a neat and sanitary condition by cleaning and assisting when required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble necessary cleaning supplies and equipment and transport it to designated area with little supervision.
- Clean area according to task assignment procedures to the standards and expectations required by the Housekeeping Department.
- Tasks are to be performed properly and in a safe manner using any PPE required.
- Sweep assigned area-keeping area free from debris and litter. Clean and disinfect restroom areas and maintain cleanliness at all times including sinks, toilets, urinals, walls and floors as scheduled.
- Fill and maintain dispensers including toilet paper, paper towels, personal hygiene items and soap.
- Empty trash containers as they become full, but not overflowing. Wash containers as required. Dispose trash properly.
- Required to mop or wipe up spills immediately to avoid safety concerns.
- Maintain and fill chemical containers and ensure they are properly labeled at all times. Maintain a clean janitor closet in all assigned areas.
- Disinfect all ledges, counters and tables as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Skills in being a team player with emphasis on reaching out, being friendly and showing courtesy. Ability to be sensitive and show positive regard for fellow employees. Ability to work independently under limited supervision. Ability to understand directions and willingly accept responsibility. Ability to meet organization and departmental appearance standards. Ability to perform routine and repetitive tasks such as wiping, mopping, pulling trash and sweeping. Knowledge or ability to understand cleaning chemicals and procedures used by the Housekeeping Department. Work situations are routine requiring attention to detail. May include interaction with customers. Demonstrate caring actions and basic employee relations, providing good customer service skills and contributing to the success of the organization.
Work Environment, Communication & Physical Abilities:
- Ability and willingness to work various hours and shifts when required.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Constant handling, grasping and fingering equipment, chemical containers, rags, hoses, buckets, supplies, picking up litter and objects off the floor.
- Constant reaching below the knees, above the shoulder and continuous rotating hand motion.
- Frequent lifting and carrying trash, supplies and equipment weighing five to sixty pounds (5-60 lbs.)
- Frequent exposure to chemicals associated with cleaning products.
- Occasional pushing / pulling of equipment such as carts weighing five to one-hundred pounds (5-100 lbs.)
- Occasional kneeling, stooping, bending, crouching and reaching to clean high and low areas.
- Occasional contact with blood borne pathogens such as bodily fluids and blood.
- Occasional exposure to noises from vacuums, buffers, extractors, blowers, fans, etc.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List