Kawanti Karts Adventures
Job Title: Karts Guide
Reports to: Site Manager
Job Summary: Guide visitors in a professional, courteous, and informative manner at Whipple Creek, while being responsible for the safety and well-being of guests during tour operations. This position is responsible for all duties associated with tours: guide, open and close of building, cleaning site and gear, and fueling karts.
1. Monitor tour site for any potential danger to guests or staff. Respond to any hazardous situation according to established guidelines.
2. Guide visitors throughout entire kart expedition tour.
3. Maintain daily logs – tour report summaries.
4. Assist in daily opening and closing of tour site.
5. Transport visitors to and from the tour sight in a safe and professional manner.
6. Maintain radio communication with Lead Guide and/or site manager and Dock throughout tour using established radio procedures.
7. Daily cleaning of all gear used for tours.
8. Stocking and/or selling retail items.
9. Fueling, washing, checking oil in, and putting air in tires for the karts.
1. Organize and clean site; maintain the upkeep of tour road.
2. Each employee is responsible to keep and accurate, daily record of time worked.
3. Other duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Standards:
• Ability to lift and move heavy items (40 lbs) unassisted
• Be dexterous enough to get in and out of karts without assistance
• Be able to maneuver karts around on rocky terrain
• Requires hearing ability to operate around pressure washer and kart engines
• Work outside in any weather condition
• Be able to work extra shifts upon request
Requirements and Qualifications:
• At least 18 years of age, with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• At least two years of customer service experience
• At least one year of guiding experience preferred
• Ability to work extended hours on an established schedule
• Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Self-motivated, positive attitude and professional appearance
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Reliable and strong public speaking skills
• Ability to meet guests needs in a helpful and courteous manner