Back to Job List
Assistant Special Events Manager
Apply for this Job
Full time - Year Round Position
The Assistant Special Events Manager will possess a passion for and experience with wedding and event management and be able to provide outstanding customer service at all times. They must be an enthusiastic professional who is comfortable speaking in public and who possesses the ability to build relationships to ensure the ongoing profitability of the company.
They will be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines with very little supervision. They must be willing to work a very flexible schedule within a short seasonal period. They will be a take charge professional with the ability to manage and administrate the logistics of numerous one-time, as well as, ongoing events.
- Work hand in hand with the Special Events Manager in ensuring each event runs smoothly and that the clients needs are met year round.
- Actively solicit new business and respond to inquiries with the intention of confirming profitable F&B business.
- Maintain an active trace/follow-up system on all inquiries and potential sales.
- Coordinate and conduct property tours and serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters. Cultivate relationships to further promote the company and generate sales.
- Plan and/or attend and participate in meetings with GM, F&B Director and clients, including but not limited to: Operations Briefing, Banquet Event Order Meetings and Menu Tastings.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication at all times both written and verbal with all clients so as to ensure event success.
- Check accuracy of final billing (14 days prior) and provide any additional bill revisions to client upon completion of program or event.
- Manage the planning and execution of every event from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and exposure.
- Review BEO with entire catering staff prior to event so they are knowledgeable of all the details pertaining to the day. Manage staff throughout the entire event to ensure client expectations are being met at all times.
- Pre-empt and/or manage all issues that arise and ensure proactive and/or corrective action is taken promptly and efficiently.
- Negotiate contracts, book facility space, arrange all food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage as needed.
- Conduct research and find resources to help clients make decisions about wedding/event possibilities.
- Create and revise facility diagrams for each event.
- Responsible for all communications and networking in support of special events and assists with development of new opportunities to build community awareness through all avenues of social media.
- Monitor wedding websites, social media platforms and printed materials for information and ideas.
- Propose and execute new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Manage all on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Close out all events as required.
- Develop a Welcome Wedding Gift for each couple (production & design).
Other Standard Responsibilities
- Take on other tasks in addition to the ones stated above, within a reasonable manner.
- Develop and update training policies and SOP manual, as related to the department, for implementation in the field, while ensuring compliance and consistency throughout your team.
- Actively participate in and lead recruitment and talent development for the banquet department to meet both current and future needs.
- Be a ‘brand ambassador’ by modelling the company’s culture, vision, mission and core values at all times.
- 3 - 5 years wedding and event experience
- Excellent communication skills through written correspondence, in person and over the telephone.
- Able to ‘visualize’ and be creative.
- Excellent organization skills and able to manage multiple projects, staff and responsibilities concurrently.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess a high expectation of quality always.
- Experience with project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of all F & B items offered.
- Able to work within a team, but also be a self-starter.
- Ability to manage staff in all aspects of their employment.
- Possess strong networking skills with a proven ability to build and foster relationships with clients.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills.
- Ability to accomplish projects on time with little supervision.
- Possess an interest in social media outlets and maintaining the company’s social media presence as well as keeping up to date on all trends relating to social media.
- Excellent customer service.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List