Back to Job List
*Sales and Marketing
*Director of Marketing & Sales - Full Time/Year Round
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Director of Marketing & Sales
Reports to: General Manager Wage: DOE
Job Summary:: The Director of Marketing and Sales oversees and integrates the marketing and sales strategy into all departments at Red Lodge Mountain in an effort to drive increased visitation and revenue. This position works directly with senior management, JMA, and ownership to reposition the Red Lodge Brand to support the evolution of company goals and initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Oversee all aspects of marketing and sales as it relates to ski, golf, and event operations.
- Work with Marketing and Sales team to create a marketing and sales plan that outlines advertising, promotions, events, messaging, brand development and sales programs.
- Prepare an annual budget to meet marketing and sales goals.
- Manage marketing and sales staff.
- Oversee the management of all social media channels, including the generation of content.
- Manage media/ad buying, scheduling, and the creation of all artworks for collateral, print ads, digital ads, signage, etc.
- Ensure the website is kept up to date daily, including editing content, adding new content, and making updates to the site’s functionality.
- Development of collateral material, including copy writing and layout.
- Support all the promotional needs of all departments at RLM.
- Develop a public relations strategy to leverage investments into RLM and increase the visibility of the RLM Brand.
- Build strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders outside of direct reports; including ownership, the towns of Red Lodge and Billings, media outlets, the ski industry, and other important partners.
- Collaborate with the Director of Resorts Services to drive incremental growth in revenue at the Red Lodge Mountain, including the RLM Golf Course and Events.
- Work with Director of Finance to compile data and prepare reports regularly to account for and track strategic goals.
Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong analytical skills and data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Proven leader with the ability to maintain excellent customer service during high stress situations.
- Current understanding of marketing principles, with a focus on online marketing strategies and ability to develop and direct their implementation.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Technological aptitude and enthusiasm for leveraging technology to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Available to work holidays and/or weekends.
- Safety orientated and able to train employees on safety procedures of equipment used.
- Outdoor enthusiast with proficiency in downhill skiing or snowboarding.
- Working knowledge or better of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in website development
- High School Diploma or equivalent with college degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ previous experience in marketing and/or sales at the manager or director level, preferably with a P&L responsibility.
- Experience hospitality-centric industries such as ski areas, restaurant, hotel, travel, golf courses, etc.
- Experience with RTP software or other enterprise POS/ERP software
- Experience with Marketing & Sales software (Survey Monkey, SendGrid, Tableau, etc.)
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell, sit, and ski. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. She/he must be capable of walking, sitting, or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift, must be capable of skiing 50% or more of a normal 8 hour shift. She/he must be capable of occasionally lifting and pushing or pulling 50 lbs or more, and frequently lifting, pushing or pulling, and carrying 10-25 lbs. Must be capable of frequent walking on uneven terrain, walking on snow and ice, and skiing. Must be able to bend, kneel, reach, and crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ski equipment
- Ski Lift
- Multi-line telephones
- Two-way radio
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Small office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee also may frequently work in outside winter weather conditions, and may work near moving mechanical parts. They will be exposed to extreme cold, windy, and wet conditions.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List