Job Title: Marketing & Sales Manager
Reports to: Assistant General Manager Wage: DOE
Job Summary: Oversee all aspects of marketing and sales. The Marketing & Sales Manager is responsible for projects that support Red Lodge Mountain’s overall marketing and sales goals
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
· Manage marketing and sales staff.
· Supervise the staff of snow reporters during the winter season and ensure accuracy on the daily snow report.
· Oversee the management of all social media channels, including the generation of content.
· Manage media/ad buying, scheduling, and the creation of all artwork for collateral, print ads, digital ads, signage, etc.
· Ensure the website is kept up to date daily, including editing content, adding new content, and making updates to the site’s functionality.
· Development of collateral material, including copy writing and layout.
· Support all the promotional needs of all departments at RLM.
· Create a plan to regularly capture marketing content including photos and videos. This may mean skiers (on all terrain and all conditions), golfers, events, employees, and RLM facilities.
· Identify trends and determine system improvements to achieve marketing and sales operational goals.
· Work with Assistant General Manager to create marketing and sales plan that outlines advertising, promotions, events, messaging, and sales programs.
· Prepare an annual budget to meet marketing and sales financial goals, with assistance from the Assistant General Manager.
· Guide the development of a sales action objectives and that will guide the marketing and advertising need to accomplish sales goals.
· Ensure success of RLM events, weddings, banquets, and golf tournaments.
· Work with Human Resources to interview, hire, train, and appraise performance of employees.
· Provide supervision and guidance to employees in accordance with RLM policies and State/Federal employment laws.
· Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
· Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, reviews, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources when necessary.
· Accomplish financial objectives by adhering to a departmental budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
· Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of department processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
· Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
· Delegate department representation at committees such as sustainability, safety, and customer service.
· Communicate regularly and effectively with other managers, directors, general manager, and other designated contacts within the organization.
· Maintain and enhance a team-oriented culture with all departments and demonstrates a collaborative attitude.
· Assist subordinates and other departments in performing duties whenever necessary
Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell, sit, and ski. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. She/he must be capable of walking, sitting, or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift, must be capable of skiing 50% or more of a normal 8 hour shift. She/he must be capable of occasionally lifting and pushing or pulling 50 lbs or more, and frequently lifting, pushing or pulling, and carrying 10-25 lbs. Must be capable of frequent walking on uneven terrain, walking on snow and ice, and skiing. Must be able to bend, kneel, reach, and crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Small office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee also may frequently work in outside winter weather conditions, and may work near moving mechanical parts. They will be exposed to extreme cold, windy, and wet conditions.