Back to Job List
*Sales and Marketing
*Sales and Events Coordinator - Full-Time/Year-Round
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Sales and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing & Sales Manager Wage: DOE
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt Status: Full-Time/Year-Round
Job Summary: Responsible for the coordination and performance of wedding/banquet sales, group sales, and partner sales (off-site and lodging) channels, including the development and execution of an annual sales plan for each. Also responsible for all Mountain and Golf Course events such as Town Series, Winter Carnival, golf tournaments, and other special events.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of sales and event processes and procedures.
- Organize and supervise all aspects of weddings (excluding F&B); including ceremony set-up, banquet space set-up, audio/visual (if applicable), and billing. Coordinate with F&B Manager for seamless execution of reception by banquet staff.
- Effectively field sales leads/calls/inquiries as given with a professional and timely response and follow-up with clients in a timely manner.
- Communicate often with clients to obtain and confirm all information pertaining to their wedding/banquet/event/group-outing is accurate and organized for seamless execution.
- Coordinate all events including Town Series, Winter Carnival, Golf Tournaments; support Terrain Park events as needed.
- Plan, organize, and assist all schools and groups.
- Coordinate packages and agreements with all shop, ski, and lodging partners.
- Book and coordinate bands for Bierstube during the winter season.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to leads and groups through cold calling.
- Obtain deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the operational use of all points-of-sale, group and wedding customer databases, and tee-time scheduling tools.
- Prepare and maintain the reports, forms, and databases necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Attend local and regional trade shows as required.
- Maintain wedding venue listings on The Knot, WeddingWire, Google Business.
- Develop relationships with vendors and photographers for cross-marketing.
- Support employee events including holiday parties, end-of-season functions, and orientations.
- Prepare for and perform venue tours for wedding/banquet events.
- Ensure that customers and employees are treated courteously, safely, and efficiently.
- Assist subordinates and other departments in performing duties whenever necessary.
- Flexible work hours may include evenings/weekends/holidays.
Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication, leadership, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Available to work holidays and/or weekends
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a sales position, preferably in the resort or hospitality industry
- Experience in coordinating weddings
- Experience selling and executing group events
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes and outside weather conditions. Event set-up may include lifting objects up to 50lbs.
- Hand held radio
- Cleaning Supplies
- Motor Vehicles
- Filing Cabinets
- Kitchen Equipment
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Small office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee also may work in outside winter weather conditions. They will occasionally be exposed to extreme cold, windy, and wet conditions.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List