Back to Job List
Director of Resort Services
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Director of Skier Services
In addition to the application, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Reports to: General Manager Wage: DOE
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt Status: Full Time/Year-Round
Job Summary: The Director of Resort Services oversees and integrates the strategy of all Resort Services departments, including Tickets & Passes, Food & Beverage, Snowsports School, Retail, Rental/Repair, Events, and Golf at Red Lodge Mountain. This position works directly with senior management, JMA, and ownership to develop, communicate, and implement company goals and initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following: other duties may be assigned:
- Lead Resort Services departments, products, and staff to ensure exceptional guest experiences, alignment with company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Drive year-round customer visitation with strong collaboration with marketing, sales, and other managers. Visitation includes: skiers, golfers, summer mountain visitors and retail customers.
- Work with teams to develop and implement a clear business plan to drive incremental growth in revenue at Red Lodge Mountain, including the RLM Golf Course and Events.
- Fully accountable for all Resort Services department team goals and their integration into the overall company goals and initiatives.
- Lead strategic initiatives for revenue generation throughout all departments at Red Lodge Mountain.
- With department managers, develop and execute budgets for all Resort Services departments as well as Golf.
- Work with Rentals and Snowsports to increase customer usage of rental products and snowsports lessons.
- Collaborate with IT, Accounting and Ticket/Pass manager to ensure RLM has technologies to improve employee efficiencies, customer experience, and maximize revenue.
- Be the leader of and exemplify guest service initiatives across the company.
- Work with the Director of Finance to compile data and prepare reports regularly to account for and track strategic goals.
- Participate effectively on all weekly calls with JMA and ownership.
- Build strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders outside of direct reports including ownership, the towns of Red Lodge and Billings, the ski industry, and other important partners. Encouraged to serve on community and regional boards.
- Enforce compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding liquor sales and alcohol licensing.
- Train and direct managers on utilization of budgets.
- Work with Human Resources to interview, hire, train, and appraise performance of revenue department managers.
- Provide supervision and guidance revenue department managers in accordance with RLM policies and State/Federal employment laws.
- Approve revenue department managers work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Responsible for promoting a positive attitude within the organization; maintain and enhance a team-oriented culture with all departments and demonstrate a collaborative attitude.
- Periodically serve as a director on duty schedule on assigned days or anytime as necessary.
- Respond to guest and employee complaints appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assist subordinates and other departments in performing duties whenever necessary.
Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong analytical skills and data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Passion for and track record of guest services.
- Champion of progression and change.
- Proven leader with the ability to maintain excellent customer service during high stress situations.
- Experience with complex budgeting and multi-department financial reporting.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Technological aptitude and enthusiasm for leveraging technology to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Available to work holidays and/or weekends.
- Safety orientated and able to train employees on safety procedures of equipment used.
- Outdoor enthusiast with proficiency in downhill skiing or snowboarding.
- College degree.
- 5-7 years previous experience in the revenue and/or guest service environment at the manager or director level, preferably with a P&L responsibility.
- Experience in hospitality industries such as ski areas, restaurant, hotel, travel, golf courses, etc.
- Experience with RTP software or other enterprise POS/ERP software
- Experience with Business Intelligence software (MS Power BI, Oracle, Tableau, etc.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel to maintain equipment at mid-mountain and at the summit of the mountain. Must be capable of walking on uneven terrain and snow and ice. Skiing or snowboarding on occasion will be required.
- Ski Lift
- Two-way radio
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee mostly works in a small office environment but occasionally works in outside winter weather conditions. They will be occasionally exposed to extreme cold, windy, and wet conditions.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List