Food & Beverage
Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
Join the dynamic team at Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa. We are taking the resort to new levels! We are seeking both seasonal and permanent, year-round positions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All must be done in the manner prescribed by the company Ensure proper food production and preparation procedures have been completed for the shift.
- Prepare cooking areas for the shift.
- Utilize recipe cards and presentation standards for all menu items.
- Prepare meals within appropriate time limitations and ensure all items on the same order are completed in the same time frame.
- Maintain the highest level of food quality attainable.
- Become aware of what is happening in the dining room (i.e., arrival of a large group).
- Account for every food item used, controlling and limiting waste.
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen.
- Maintain and abide by state and OSHA safety, sanitation and health regulations as well as company and brand requirements.
- Maintain all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Keep every area of the kitchen clean and organized.
- Follow proper food rotation procedures by labeling and dating all products used.
- Attend required meetings and pre-shift meetings.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and, other departments.
- Provide security for guests, employees, and property by adhering to security procedures for hotel keys and master keys.
- Understand all hotel emergency procedures.
- Report any suspicious activity to management.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of two years’ cooking experience is required, hotel environment a plus.
- Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of food preparation and cooking.
- Working knowledge on accepted standards of sanitation.
- Basic kitchen equipment operation: stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Understanding of recipe measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis. Starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa (435) 259-4642 www.sorrelriver.com