Position Purpose: The Spa Manager at Sorrel River Ranch is responsible for the overall guest and employee experience within all facets of Spa Operations, including Spa Treatment areas, Spa Facilities and the Fitness Center. This position ensures a consistent, premier Forbes Five Star luxury experience for all guests. Strong leadership skills are required to ensure engagement of all Spa team members, as well as individual development of the spa team.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Position Specific Performance Expectations:
- Responsible for performing treatments directly with guests including massage treatments and esthetician duties.
- Responsible for managing and developing all levels of staff in the spa
- Responsible for delivering and maintaining Forbes Five Star Standards of service, ensuring a consistent, high level of service through effective training, positive reinforcement initiatives and consistent accountability practices of the Spa staff.
- Must maintain a complete knowledge of industry through continuing education and training of current spa trends, ensuring Sorrel River Ranch Spas are innovative and feature the latest industry trends, when profitable.
- Must understand key drivers of revenue growth, profitability and quality performance. Responsible for financial planning, forecasting, labor management, and payroll for the Spas.
- Oversee the retail division to develop strong retail sales of applicable spa products.
- Identifies and focuses on key drivers of employee engagement and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all hiring practices within the department. Ensures the spa team can interview and select excellent staff to create a leading service and treatment presentation.
- Responsible for effectively managing many personality types. Implements a calm environment when under pressure.
- Full working knowledge of spa, wellness and fitness treatments/programs, hours of operation and products, as well as Sorrel River Rach Resort offerings.
- Attends required training classes and incorporates knowledge gained into daily work practices.
- Looks for opportunities to assist peers, guests, other departments or leaders at all times.
- Consults regularly with all levels of management and staff within the company to provide constructive feedback to other departments to help enhance the guest experience.
- Must be able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest issues.
- Responsible for overall inventory management of linen, administrative supplies and spa amenities within the ladies’ and gentlemen’s spa.
- Understand and be well-versed in the resort features and services, including all outlets, hours of operation, activities and events available to guests.
- Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and cleanliness of all areas of the spa, both front and back of house.
- Makes safety a priority, following department and company safety standards.
- Overall responsibility for spa employee maintenance of applicable licenses and certifications.
- Responsible for conducting re-occurring meetings with management and staff, disseminating appropriate communication when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Organization Wide Performance Expectations:
- Demonstrates commitment to performing according to the core values of SRR and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Always maintains professionalism and confidentiality.
- Follows all policies and procedures and standards of service to consistent, premier Forbes Five Star experience for all guests.
- Completes annual education, training, in-service, and licensure/certification requirements
- Attends departmental and organizational staff meetings as required.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated timeframes.
- Establishes and maintains effective verbal and written communication and good working relationships with all guests, staff and vendors.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
- Actively participates in departmental and facility performance improvement and continuous quality initiatives.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (21 for server and driving positions)
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and breath alcohol test
- Must possess a clean driving record and pass a Motor Vehicle Records Check and meet insurability Guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED, or any other combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- College degree preferred.
- Current, unencumbered Utah Massage Therapy and Esthetician License.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience in the spa/wellness industry.
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess feedback skills at all levels; push back, challenge status quo in and out of the office and strong motivational feedback.
- Must have negotiation, problem solving & decision-making skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work proficiently with deadlines and must be disciplined to work without constant guidance and supervision.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and create reports upon request.
- Must be available to work on weekends as needed. The schedule for this position is not set. Must be available to work all shifts and be able to flex schedule based on business demands.
- Must be able to work efficiently within a team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must possess a positive, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Must be well groomed and professional.
- Must have an open mind and willingness to learn new processes, concepts, and ways of approaching analysis.
- Must have strong customer service skills. Ability to deal with problems involving guests and operational issues while maintaining a positive attitude and Five Star Service.
- Must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality regarding guests and staff.
- Requires proficiency in Google Suite
- Prior knowledge of SkyWire preferred
- Must be able to satisfactorily communicate English with guests, management, and other associates to their understanding. Additional foreign languages a plus.
Job Categories: Spa