Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager for this luxury resort is responsible for overseeing the care of common areas, meeting spaces, restaurant, bar, fitness center, pool area, guestrooms, landscaping, all general structures and mechanical equipment on the property. Management duties include, but not limited to staffing and scheduling maintenance team, preparing budgets and expense management, purchasing, conducting regular staff meetings and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect public areas daily for any issues.
- Providing maintenance repairs to resort facilities. Repairs may include plumbing, kitchen, mechanical, laundry, electrical, landscaping, HVAC, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs.
- Respond to all guest’s requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform daily swimming pool and spa water testing and treatment.
- Follow the Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
- Supervise all department personnel demonstrating high leadership skills, model behaviors, and exemplary actions.
- Hold pre-shift meetings with department personnel for daily work orders and outstanding projects.
- Maintain all mechanical areas in an orderly and clean condition.
- Monitor and enforce proper safe storage and use of equipment, chemicals, and supplies.
- Inventory management of products and equipment, ensuring that proper levels of supplies are always on hand.
- Work with management teams to ensure the integrity and quality of the resort is consistent and maintained in a fiscally sound manner.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly motivated individual who is self-directed, accountable with strong initiative and desire for achievement.
- Outstanding organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Possess strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability.
- Experience managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results in a similar sized property.
- Team player who is able to multi-task; lead, drive and is bottom-line oriented.
- Knowledge/Experience: A minimum of 4 years construction experience in maintenance trades, heavy carpentry and craftsmanship experience, knowledge including electrical, plumbing, mechanical equipment repair.
- Flexible work schedule: Must be able to work a varied schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays, including rotational Manager on Duty responsibilities.
- Follows written and verbal directions, and complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Learns from directions, observations and errors, and apply procedures using good judgment.
- Conveys information and ideas clearly.
- Works well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Is effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Is effective in anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems.
- Understands financial/statistical data, and comfortable work with it using basic arithmetic functions.
- Comfortable with basic computer software programs Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’s License in order to operate company vehicles.
If you have a strong hotel management background and enjoy being part of a small luxury resort, this is the perfect job for you. Your passion for service must be contagious and you would be a natural coach that loves to build effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best. This is a full time, year-round position.
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis. Starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa (435) 259-4642 www.sorrelriver.com