Back to Job List
Wedding and Special Events Summer
Wedding & Events Manager
Apply for this Job
POSITION: Special Events and Wedding Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Food and Beverage
Market, sell, plan, maintain, and execute weddings and special events. Responsible for all aspects of our weddings and special events including prospectuses, staff to do lists, billing, all questions and needs that clients have throughout the booking/planning process, as well as throughout their event.
Must be willing and able to provide excellent customer service to all people at all times.
Coordinate communication between other departments at Sugar Bowl, vendors, clients, and the management of Sugar Bowl.
- Clear & concise written & verbal communication skills
- Previous venue management & sales experience required; 3 years
- Previous wedding coordination & planning experience required; 2 years
- Knowledgeable in banquet/event/sales industry
- Ability to work in high stress, fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with other departments
- Be willing to provide excellent customer service.
- Great organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, BEO Software, Email.
- Positive Attitude and ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing exhibition/event schedules.
- A successful and enthusiastic event planner with a proven record of overseeing events from conception through to completion.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required for all events.
- Ability to work long days on your feet up to & exceeding 12 hours
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Outstanding client service skills essential and a team player approach to work with a diverse group of individuals, including clients and vendors.
- Extensive experience managing staff of all levels.
- Excellent problem solving skills needed.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism necessary; attention to detail imperative; high energy, flexibility, discretion and sound judgment required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the office & under stress during events.
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Respond & manage all incoming event inquiries
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, ski trips, homeowner dinner’s, offsite catering, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and internal meetings.
- Develop and manage each event’s unique budget and time line.
- Coordinate group rooms & rooming lists with hotel manager
- Responsible for venue tours, contracting, negotiations & maximizing revenue.
- Create a prospectus for each event & ensure it is distributed at least 14 days in advance to all necessary departments.
- Schedule & conduct review meetings to ensure that all departments & staff are adequately prepared for each event.
- Create banquet event orders & distribute at least 14 days in advance to all necessary departments
- Notify other departments of their involvement if needed.
- Coordinate events on site including setup and break down
- Vendor coordination
- Communicate with managers, leads and staff
- Act of wedding day of coordinator for clients that choose to use this service. This includes setting up décor, maintaining day of timeline, checking in with bridal party, coordinating vendors, running rehearsal & ceremony, & anything else that would be of assistance to the client on the day of.
- Oversee banquet supervisors & staff
- At each event, be on hand to proactively manage any issues that arise in a professional manner and serve as the point person in charge of managing all event logistics.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Order supplies
- Hiring, orientation, training and disciplining of staff
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors are holding staff to established service standards
- Coordinate billings & tracking charges
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Job Categories: event planning, manager, wedding, resort
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List