Back to Job List
Ski Lift Maintenance Manager (F/T Year-Around)
Apply for this Job
POSITION: Lift Maintenance Manager
REPORTS TO: Mountain Operations Executive Director
Oversee the daily operations of Lift Maintenance, assist and work with Lift Operations and job out Lift Maintenance staff. Hire train, motivate and discipline Lift Maintenance staff. Be the driving force in assuring a culture of safety. Provide excellent internal and external customer service. Oversee daily, weekly, monthly, summer maintenance logs and work orders.
- A minimum of 10 years of Lift Maintenance experience. Must meet Lift Maintenance Master Mechanic requirements.
- Demonstrated management experience in Lift Operations and/or Lift Maintenance and/or Mountain Operations.
- Strong trouble shooting skills both mechanical and electrical.
- Project management experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to climb towers and work at heights.
- Able to work outside all environments/conditions.
- Energetic, friendly and outgoing with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Must consider safety a high priority.
- Self-starter who is self-motivated and understands daily, monthly and annual priorities.
- Brings a pleasant attitude to work each day.
- Computer skills, understanding and proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and inventory systems.
- Ability to review, draft and respond to written correspondence and departmental documentation
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Be an advocate for the Company mission, vision and policies. Protect the Company assets.
- Manage and maintain all chairlifts, surface lifts, gondola and ropeway systems.
- Coordinate the timely opening, service of and closing of all lifts.
- Coordinate maintenance response to lift incidents. Assist Patrol and/or Lift Operations with the completion of Incident Reports.
- Formulate, schedule, initiate, monitor and document all maintenance procedures to ensure mechanical and electrical summer service of each lift is complete by November 1st.
- Ensure all Lift Maintenance policy and procedures are developed, comprehensive, documented and observed.
- Maintain good professional relationships with regulatory and insurance agencies that pertain to lift maintenance and operations. Schedule and lead lift inspections as required by state, federal departments and our insurance carrier. Ensure compliance with all governed requirements.
- Possess intimate knowledge of ANSI regulations. Participation is expected in ANSI, ELMO and/or RMLA Committee(s).
- Ensure that all work performed is completed to the highest possible quality and done in a timely and efficient productive manner.
- Ensure work orders are completed, turned in daily and logged appropriately.
- Ensure maintenance logs are completed, turned in daily and logged appropriately.
- Order and manage the inventory of lift parts, supplies and tools.
- Implement a work order and inventory system.
- Maintain documentation related to hiring, training, reward and discipline of employees.
- Produce, conduct and report weekly safety meetings.
- Coordinate and administer staff schedules. Manage, maintain and approve daily timekeeping.
- Maintain clean and organized work areas, including Lift Maintenance shop, in and around top and bottom lift houses and terminals.
- Coordinate Lift Maintenance departmental snow removal duties including snow and ice removal on terminals and towers.
- Coordinate and lead regular and pertinent training of Lift Maintenance employees, both mechanical and electrical.
- Propose, price, coordinate and lead all Lift Maintenance capital projects. Continually update and advise the Mountain Operations Executive Director of the long-term goals for lift system upgrades.
- Conduct bi-annual and annual reviews.
- Develop and manage to annual financial budget.
- Provide excellent customer service to all people at all times.
We will provide you with a jacket, tack vest, pants, insulated coverall, shirts, hats and rain gear. You are responsible for providing your own tools, boots, gloves, eyewear, socks and long underwear.
All employees of Sugar Bowl are expected to comply with all Company policies and procedures. We recommend you review those policies and procedures, as outlined in the Employee Handbook, as part of the job application process.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List