Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Ticket Ops Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Guest Service Specialist
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Ticketing / Guest Services Manager, Nicole Heller
Prepared By: Nicole Heller
Prepared Date: 09.14.2015
Status: Seasonal (Late August – Mid April) Full time, Weekends and Holidays
The Admin Assistant we are looking for has an excellent sense of humor, can handle difficult situations with a calm caring manner & knows what it takes to go “above & beyond” for our guests and staff.
Reception/Admin is the main hub of communication for The Summit. Reception/Admin may be the first to receive emergency updates from the Department of Transportation. It is the responsibility of this position to convey information to the appropriate persons or departments.
This person is eager to learn everything about our operations and does not use the phrase “I don’t know.” Cross training in other departments such as Ticketing and Guest Services required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person runs the administration area and makes it her/his own. Managers often rely on admin to assist with administrative duties such as:
- Primary person for communication to all departments, including snow reporters and website specialist (reception is usually the 1st to find web info errors)
- Primary person that works closely with HR to oversee the fulfillment of all staff passes
- Organizing administration/printer/copier area
- Excel spreadsheets (Experience required)
- Word Documents (Experience required)
- Data entry into various systems (training provided)
- General office duties (filing, making copies etc.)
- Set-up of Point of Sale products (training provided) for Ticket Ops Director
- Calling for maintenance for copy machines, fax and printers in the admin area
- Oversee postage meter readings and payments
- Ordering office supplies, printer supplies, mailing supplies
- Directing of visitors and staff to the appropriate area
- Making coffee
- Extensive navigation of www.summitatsnoqualmie.com to find out daily operations including which lifts are running, operation hours, info on tubing, etc.
- Answering phones, transferring calls to the appropriate departments
- Maintaining phone lists/mailbox lists
- Delivering/sorting mail by 11:30 AM each day
PERFORMANCE REVIEW: Your job performance review will be based on the following criteria:
- Success With The Guest - Create a positive impression for our guests. Welcomes the guest (internal and external), smiles, makes eye contact, engages the guest in conversation and thanks them for their patronage.
- Making the Guest Right - Effectiveness and initiative in taking ownership of problems and handling difficult guest issues. Goes above and beyond to serve guests well and makes them feel right when dissatisfied.
- Work Performance and Job Knowledge - Accuracy, attention to detail, volume of work produced and speed in which it is completed. Such knowledge may be gained from experience, education, training and the ability to adapt to new situations.
- Teamwork - Employee is upbeat and dependable. Demonstrates the ability to cooperate, communicate and work as a team player with co-workers, supervisors, and/or outside contacts.
- Appearance - Adherence to uniform standards.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Promptness in reporting to work and adherence to break and lunch schedules. Recognizes that road/weather conditions will require employee to plan ahead.
- Initiative and Sense of Urgency - Acts with a sense of urgency and degree of energy. Ability to act proactively and with minimal supervision. Demonstrates an “I can make that happen” attitude.
- Creativity and Innovation - Employee plans, develops, organizes and implements new ideas, seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties.
- Integrity - Keeps promises and honors commitments.
- Communication - Effective communication, both verbally and written. Listens attentively and respectfully without interrupting. Seeks to fully understand before offering his or her viewpoint. Willing to openly give and receive feedback.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: At times you may be required to oversee other staff members that are in training.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Computer experience required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Basic education. Microsoft office suite experience required. Customer service experience preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The willingness to look at all aspects of a problem before drawing a conclusion. The ability to proactively make quick decisions to keep crisis situations from escalating.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List