Back to Job List
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Ticket Ops Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Guest Service Specialist
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Ticketing / Guest Services Manager
Prepared By: Nicole Heller
Prepared Date: 08.17.2016
Status: Seasonal (Late August – Mid April) Full time, Weekends and Holidays required
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant we are looking for has an excellent sense of humor, can handle difficult situations with a calm caring manner and knows what it takes to go “above & beyond” for our guests and staff. Reception/Admin is the main hub of communication for The Summit, and may be the first to receive emergency updates from the Department of Transportation. It is the responsibility of this position to convey all information to the appropriate persons or departments.
This person is eager to learn everything about our operations and does not use the phrase “I don’t know.” Cross training in other departments such as Ticketing and Guest Services is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person runs the administration area and makes it her/his own. Managers often rely on admin to assist with duties such as:
- Primary person for communication to all departments, including snow reporters and website specialist. (Reception is usually the first to find web info errors – Attention to detail is a must!)
- Works closely with HR to oversee the fulfillment of all staff passes
- Organizing, administration and maintenance of printer/fax/copier area
- Editing or creating Excel spreadsheets and Word documents (experience required)
- Data entry into various reporting systems (training provided)
- General office duties (filing, making copies etc.)
- Set-up or maintenance of Point of Sale products and inventory (training provided) for Ticket Ops Director
- Oversee postage meter readings and payments
- Ordering office supplies, printer supplies, mailing supplies
- Directing of visitors and staff to the appropriate area
- Making coffee
- Extensive navigation of www.summitatsnoqualmie.com to find out daily operations including which lifts are running, operation hours, info on tubing, etc.
- Answering phones, transferring calls to the appropriate departments
- Maintaining phone lists/mailbox lists
- Delivering/sorting mail
- Filling in as needed in both Guest Services and Ticketing departments
PERFORMANCE REVIEW: Your job performance review will be based on the following criteria:
- Success With The Guest - Create a positive impression for our guests. Welcomes the guest (internal and external), smiles, makes eye contact, engages the guest in conversation and thanks them for their patronage.
- Making the Guest Right - Effectiveness and initiative in taking ownership of problems and handling difficult guest issues. Goes above and beyond to serve guests well and makes them feel right when dissatisfied.
- Work Performance and Job Knowledge - Accuracy, attention to detail, volume of work produced and speed in which it is completed. Such knowledge may be gained from experience, education, training and the ability to adapt to new situations. Ability to learn new tasks quickly and retain information.
- Teamwork - Employee is upbeat and dependable. Demonstrates the ability to cooperate, communicate and work as a team player with co-workers, supervisors and/or outside contacts.
- Appearance - Adherence to uniform standards.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Promptness in reporting to work and adherence to break and lunch schedules. Recognizes that road/weather conditions will require employee to plan ahead.
- Initiative and Sense of Urgency - Acts with a sense of urgency and degree of energy. Ability to act proactively and with minimal supervision. Demonstrates an “I can make that happen” attitude.
- Creativity and Innovation - Employee plans, develops, organizes and implements new ideas, seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties.
- Integrity - Keeps promises and honors commitments.
- Communication - Effective communication, both verbally and written. Listens attentively and respectfully without interrupting. Seeks to fully understand before offering his or her viewpoint. Willing to openly give and receive feedback.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: At times you may be required to oversee other staff members that are in training.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Education and/or Experience: Basic education. Customer service experience, both in person and on the phone preferred. Basic computer experience required. Must be able to multitask in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment. Fluent in any language other than English a plus.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The willingness to look at all aspects of a problem before drawing a conclusion. The capacity to proactively make quick decisions to keep crisis situations from escalating.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this Job
Back to Job List